OT: Advertising

As inundated as we are with advertising (especially, for those of us that consume a decent amount of multi-media), I thought this was an interesting article. Depending on how many brands of power tools you know, you may perhaps find it (at least a little) interesting too--not necessarily surprising.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

In particular, I think Ro***** is trying to cram F****** down my throat! There are others, but that's one.

Reply to
Bill

Why don't they add: "Proudly made in Germany!"?! :)

Clearly, the retailer wishes the consumer to associate them with a brand name "synonymous with quality" rather than over-priced cheap stuff.

Anyone who doesn't believe it can just look at the price--as if that is evidence of value.

Reply to
Bill