O/T: Now That's A Burger

Eat very little beef, but decided to have a burger.

You won't find this one at the burger joints.

1 Lb, 22% Ground Chuck 1 Envelope, Lipton's Onion Soup Mix 1 Egg 1 Mayan Sweet Onion, sliced Sweet Onion Sandwich Buns

Mix ground chuck, onion soup mix and egg together, kneading as necessary in a bowl.

Cover bowl and allow to stand in reefer for about 30 minutes while preheating grill.

Remove from reefer and form two (2) meat patties.

Grill for about 5 minutes/side.

Serve on onion bun with Mayan onion slices.

Lettuce and tomato slices are optional.

Same with condiments.

Enjoy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Forgot to include 3 Tbl Worchestshire sauce

------------------------------------

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4c68d987$0$9819 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

That's all wrong, Lew. What you need is:

1 lb mixed ground beef (pork, veal, beef), not too lean 1 egg ~1/4 to 1/2 cup commercial bread crumbs Some milk 1 sachet "Verstegen Gehakt Kruidenmix"

(also available in quantity at that website, or other websites)

I usually double all ingredients and use 3 sachets.

Just combine and form into patties, meatloaf or meatballs; anywhere from

1 to 5 inches. Meatballs are braised in hot butter on all sides, then some water is added, and they are left to gently simmer for about 30-45 min.
Reply to
Han

------------------------------ Two observations.

1) The above is the classic meatloaf/meatball recipe; however, I wanted a burger, not a meatloaf sandwich. 2) Knowing how the animal is forced to live it's short life, I refuse to knowingly eat veal.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4c69722b$0$4850 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

I know, but I tried it as a burger and it was universally accepted as delicious, but different.

I know this too, but sometimes do compromise for the taste ... Me bad ...

Reply to
Han

We love our meatballs here and Han's recipe is pretty much how we make them. We also like Italian or Greek meatballs. All spiced differently. But a burger is a burger; the meat should stand on its own.

Veal... well, for years we have known that our favourite restaurants' veal parm dish didn't use veal at all. Young, well hammered beef does the job. Veal, IMHO, is highly overrated. We eat a lot of salmon and chicken. When we eat beef, it's either a rib-eye, or I grind my own for burgers. I will kill anybody who gets in between me and my bacon. Belly bacon, not this Canadian crap.

Reply to
Robatoy

We eat a lot of turkey. I love REAL bacon myself, but in order to keep my slim girlish figure I stick to turkey "bacon" for breakfast these days ... just slightly better than nothing at all. :(

Reply to
Swingman

---------------------------------- As my departed mother often said, " I never get hungry enough to eat turkey."

Couldn't agree more.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Angela runs the District Stroke Centre and Secondary Stroke Centre here in our hometown. What do you thinks the frequency of my bacon intake is? If you guessed twice a month, you'd be optimistic. Fat & salt, just like cheese, another one of my weaknesses. I have a salami craving as we speak. I just love Italian and Hungarian salamis, even the German ones. . . But I can't eat that shit that often because I get the stink eye and that interferes on other levels.

Reply to
Robatoy

Where do "you" get and how much reefer do you need Lew?

The meat or the reefer?

Any things goes when you have the munchies. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Wont me to send'm your picher? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

We smoke a turkey that will make your mouth water, that juicy.

Reply to
Leon

Blackmail ... how much?

;)

Reply to
Swingman

Oh sure.... throw the 'smoking things' variable in there. What doesn't taste better smoked? Hell, a dog turd probably tastes okay smoked. We buy smoked bones for Moxie and some of those smell so good I feel like lying down on the floor beside her and beg for a few gnaws.

But yes. Although not a turkey fan, it can be pretty tasty smoked.

Reply to
Robatoy

Oh sure.... throw the 'smoking things' variable in there. What doesn't taste better smoked? Hell, a dog turd probably tastes okay smoked. We buy smoked bones for Moxie and some of those smell so good I feel like lying down on the floor beside her and beg for a few gnaws.

But yes. Although not a turkey fan, it can be pretty tasty smoked.

Well smoked is only half if it, the meat is almost dripping. Dry is no where in the description.

Reply to
Leon

I cannot send your picture to anyone, it might be considered "sexting". :~)

Reply to
Leon

Or a picture of me in a Speedo. That might be considered "disgusting". =3Do)

Reply to
Robatoy

Or a picture of me in a Speedo. That might be considered "disgusting". =o)

I am already there just picturing the .... my eyes... MY EYES...

Reply to
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote

My wife and I were in a line at the pet big box store. The guy behind us had a few smoked pig ears in his hand. Our little girl got all excited when she smelled them. We thought it was cute until she growled and attacked the pig ears and took one. She made it very clear that anyone who took that thing away from her was gonna die.

She weighed all of 12 lbs. and was all territorial and businesslike. Everybody thought it was pretty funny. My wife was embarrassed by the whole thing.

So it is true. Dogs like smoked meat too. Must be genetic. From hanging around all those fires for thousands of years. Come to think of it, that must apply to us as well. We hung around those same campfires. Is there a smoked meat or barbecue gene?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

You know, down here in Texas we call our daughters "our little girls".... I was kinda freaking for a second there. ;~)

I think dogs like "meat" in general, smoked or not.. LOL

Reply to
Leon