FS: Williams and Hussey Molder Planer

W7S

2hp Baldor Motor. Switch. HTC Stand. Original Unused Planer Knives Elliptical Jig.

Schmidt Knives

WHM75 (Bed). WHWM49 (3-1/2 Crown). WHDY47 (4-1/2 Crown. WHDY45 (5-1/2 Crown). CBBR401 (3-1/4 Casing). W16722 (4-1/2 Casing). WHWM163 (Base Cap). WHWM133 (Astragal). WHBN100oop (1/4 Bead). WHBN101opp (3/8 Bead). WHBN102opp (1/2 Bead). WHP115 (Bead Board). WHA101 (Relief Cutter). WHA38L (Crown Back Cutter). WHA52R (Crown Back Cutter).

Total $3000.00 (Does not include shipping.

610-940-0546
Reply to
Tom Watson

Tom I have contiplated that machine for years But have never got around to buyinmg one, No I'm not interested, just curious as to why you are selling it.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

I've been moving from architectural woodworking towards furniture making and, while the WH is a fantastic machine, I can't afford to keep it around as sculpture.

I figured I'd put this equipment up on the NG first, before listing it with my suppliers. Once this stuff gets on their list is won't last a week.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

I do both and as i have been getting older, SHHHHH don't tell anyone I also have been leaning more to furniture, but that would be no reason to get rid of the machine, just some of the knives you have

Even with my shaper i never buy ready made knives of standard shapes, I have always designed my own and had them ground I still get them not far from you, a company called CAYCE just outside of baltimore cost for 5/16" corrugated back knives are 20.00 per inch.

I have some light blades that i grind myself for short runs, I use only one knife in the head and a almost balancer in the other slot.

The only thing I do not like about the W&H and a lot of other standard knife machines is the limit on the depth of cut, I tend to like a moulding to stand out as a moulding not a few scratches on the wood.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

The molder was purchased to do the larger work that my shaper couldn't do. Crown moldings, radiused and elliptical casings, etc.

All of the work that I will be doing in the future is within the abilities of the shaper that I have, and some molding planes that I've been aquiring.

You might want to check out the profile selection from someone like Schmidt, for the WH Molder. I've a couple of casing knives meant for

5/4 stock that are pretty high relief.
Reply to
Tom Watson

Can I ask why you are selling it?