FS Logosol M7 and saw

Hi all,

Not spam, only posted here - before I take it to ebay or sawmill exchange.

I have a Logosol M7 sawmill, uses a Stihl 066 chainsaw and ripping chain to produce lumber. Full details and specs can be seen at logosol.com, but simply, I'm too damn busy to use it, and it has to go. I bought it a year ago from the first owner, who treated it very well.

Included is the complete mill, including all manuals and instructions, a Stihl 066 Magnum chain saw with both 16" and 25" bars and rip chains, some chain files, and the adjustable log stop sold as an accessory. I want to get $2300 for it, which is about the normal cost of the mill *without* the saw, so essentially you're getting a mill in near-perfect condition and a free monster of a chain saw. I've also got a 28" bar and normal chain for the saw, which works well if you happen to have a few three-foot diameter trees to kill.

If anybody wants just the mill, no saw, I'll let it go for $1700, but I have no use for the big saw either.

Shipping is at your cost, I'll have to take it apart and ship truck freight, or you can pick it up in southern Vermont, or I'll deliver for a small fee. I will be heading to Cleveland area in about three weeks, so anyone in the I-90 corridor or thereabouts between Albany and Cleveland can have it delivered for nothin'.

-- Jon Endres, PE Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

Hi Jon,

I saw one of these demo'd are the woodworking show this spring. Have you have a chance to use it at all? Opinions? The demo seemed to go well.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

Sure, I've used it, it's simply not something I have need or time for right now. I have sawn a decent amount of white pine, red oak, ash and apple with it. It tends to be slow, compared to a bandsaw mill, but it's also very adjustable and accurate.

For someone who would cut maybe a dozen logs a month, or less, and isn't trying to get veneer (because of the waste - the kerf is 1/4"), the Logosol is a great sawmill. About the only beef I had with it, other than speed, is the inability to cut logs shorter than 7 feet *as-is*. With a jig and support, I was able to cut some 3-foot-long pieces without difficulty.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE