FS: hardwoods (Garland, TX)

My dad died in October. I was given the job of cleaning up his tools, etc. He had a small supply of hardwood for his projects. I don't have any time for woodworking, and Mom needs money to pay her bills.

I have 31 boards of walnut that are 8 ft long. It is planed on two sides Each board is just over 1 inch thick. Boards vary from 5 to 6 inches wide. I compute about 113 board feet if you round the widths to 5.5 inches each.

I have 22 board of walnut that are 7 ft long It is planed on two sides Each board is just over 1 inch thick. Boards vary from 5 to 7 inches wide. I compute about 77 board feet if you round the widths to 6 inches each.

I have 14 board of ash that are 6 ft long It is planed on two sides Each board is just under 1 inch thick. Boards vary from 5 to 7 inches wide. I compute about 42 board feet if you round the widths to 6 inches each.

From what Mom said, most of the wood has been kiln dried. It is all over a year old, and has been stored in a barn, out of the rain.

I went to a local shop called "Wood World" They want $6 per board foot for the walnut, and their walnut didn't look as good as Dad's. I'd like to get $4 per BF for this Walnut.

The ash was cheaper than the Walnut, but I can't remember how much. I'll take $2 per BF for this Ash.

Make me an offer I can't turn down. I need to get this wood out from under my carport.

Thanks

Ron Garland, TX

972-414-3251
Reply to
Ron Gregory

Wood World is high priced, he buys from Austin HW in Dallas.

Your prices are good, but expect lower offers.

Reply to
goonair