FS: Fine Woodworking Magazines

I have 8 old issues of Fine Woodworking Magazine for sale:

issues: 4 (Fall 1976) 5 (Winter 1976) 6 (Spring 1977) 7 (Summer 1977) 8 (Fall 1977) 9 (Winter 1977) 10 (Spring 1978) 18 Sept/Oct 1979)

All are in good shape, not perfect however. No tears, rips etc . . . All pages present. There is some mild discoloration due to age.

Asking $75 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Rick

Rick Stein

talk about a ream job...$75.00 ??? you must be nuts

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

contained in them has very possibly been repackaged in one of their books.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

For twice that price, you get all their issues on CD.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the CD is "select" articles, not the entire collection.

Actually, I don't think the price is out of line... $70 (subtract maybe $5 for shipping since it's included) breaks down to $8.75 ea. The mags listed are some of the earliest and fairly scarce. If anything, I think Rick may be able to get more on eBay.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Ruby's Books on Chambers St in New York City sells back issues for $3.60

- $4.20

Do you know for a fact that Rudy sells the early issues (1970's) in that range?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

sorry no I only remember seeing them there and don't remember the issues

what a bunch of gullible people

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Wow! That's expensive! $30-40 is about right.

Reply to
Phisherman

Greetings,

The next person to complain about the price should have quotes and dates from ebay to back up their complaints.

Sincerely, Bill Thomas

Reply to
Bill Thomas

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Just because its on ebay doesnt make the price reasonable. There are alot of gullible suckers on ebay too.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Not in my book. As far as I'm concerned eBay _is_ the fair market value. Just because _you_ wouldn't pay the same price has no bearing on what an item is worth.

I learned that fair market value is what an arm's length able buyer will pay a willing seller for a given item.

What would be your definition of fair market value?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

A used magazine isnt worth toilet paper, its too slick.

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

I picked up a number (about 15) of the early FWW issues at a local used book store (I have a standing note with them to call me if they get any WW mags in) about 2 years back.

I paid about $4 - $5 Canadian each at the time.

Not criticizing the OP for his asking price in any way. Whatever the market will bear...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone