FS: Cherry wood available; UK, Derbyshire

I've some big lumps of cherry in my firewood stack that someone may be interested in. It was cut off the tree earlier this month so will need seasoning. Sizes are as follows:- Straight pieces; a) 34" x 9"; b) 67" x 5½"; c) 65" x 5" d) 95" x 4" Note; a) is oval in section and the 9" is the minor dia.

"Y" piece (Blooming large) Stem; 32" x 10" dia; one arm 57" x 7" at crotch, other arm 42" x 8 " at crotch. Crotch is about 36" circumference.

I also picked up some Elder and Hawthorn last year which might be somewhere near usable by now. Apparently Elder was prized for making tool handles. No doubt someone will correct me if this is wrong!

Elder; a) 70" x 4" b) 44" x 3"; Hawthorn; 44" x 5" x 4" oval c/s.

Note that the diameter is taken at the but end.

Anyone interested please drop me an E-mail. I am near Matlock in Derbyshire.

Reply to
Bob Spowart