Best Rated threads in Woodworking Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

dust collector too weak - ugh
I do have a bag DC (delta). I think a filter would be a good start and could be transferred to a 3HP DC should I take this route. In fact (in reference to another poster) I do have pipes on the...
26
26

Poor Results with Mohawk Toner
For some reason my accompanying post on the binary group did not go through, I have since posted it and you can now check it out.
4
4

Removing cabinet face frames from ply boxes
Hey ya'll, We've been going thru a rebuild process on a serious budget after the hurricanes in FL in '04.. We got given an entire kitchen full of wood cabinets, Oak face frames, and doors, finish 3/4"...
7
7

SCMI Mini Max S45 Bandsaw
Bob, I thought I was pretty clear that I was not going after Mark and that I agreed that he was pretty knowledgeable. I also added my poor experience with MiniMax but also indicated that I still...
4
4

Grizzly G1022 Table Saw - can't tighten saw height wheel (2023 Update)
I've had this table saw for over 10 years and it still works great. One problem I haven't been able to figure out...the middle knob that holds on the blade height wheel won't tighten the wheel so the...
4
4

Door panels CUPPING during DRY season??????
We have 2-over-2 paneled interior doors in our 125 year old Italianate house. We have only lived in the house for 2 years, but now for the first time I am noticing that many of the panels are getting...
17
17

Grizzly G1022 -Aftermarket Fence Recomendations?
I have the same saw and fence and also highly recommend it. Tom
3
3

Ryobi 3x21 belt sander question
That might be normal if the speed control has feed back to keep a constant speed during a load. I have a router that starts up the same way.
8
8

stain for cedar chest?
Plenty of antique furniture has a finish (typically linseed oil based I think) that has gone black and looks like crap. Sometimes careful refinishing will reveal burl or curly figure with a gorgeous...
6
6

Joining two pieces of oak plywood without fancy equipment?
I'm finally putting the top on my bar (in the final weeks of a ten+ year project). I'm using 3/4" lumber core red oak veneer plywood (a fine looking piece). The bar is 13' long, so it's gonna have a...
13
13

Grizzly G1022Z Tablesaw - Belt Replacement?
I have a Grizzly G1022Z that i need a belt for. The Parts List refers to 159 PVA43 V-BELT A-43. I'd rather not order it from Grizzly (to avoid shipping) and my guess it is a pretty standard belt....
6
6

Shop made rollers for Makita 2030 Planer
The rollers on my Makita 2030 planer/jointer were in unusable condition and needed to be replaced. My internet search found where I could get the roller redone for $100 per roller + shipping. This...
1
1

B&D Router Edge Guide Help
I have a Black & Decker RP200 Router for which their WEB Site lists a Deluxe Router Guide Part # 76-234. This part has however been dicontinued for "some time" according to Black & Decker and They are...
4
4

wood filler
Have some very small gaps in joined wood I would like to fill. (Yeah I know I need a new joiner) What should I use for a filler? Wood is walnut and the finish will be tung oil ( no Stain) Looked at...
7
7

Pinnacle Honing Guide?
If you've gotten your latest Woodcraft catalog you've seen this new honing guide. little bugger. I like the concept of keeping the guide off the stone, but it seems like you'll wear a hollow in the...
11
11

MDF ok for rail and stiles?
On a raised panel cabinet door thats 22 x 44", would 3/4" MDF provide adequate structure for the rail and stiles also? The rail and stiles are 3" wide. It would use MDF for the raised panel and rather...
45
45

Questions on Delta 14" Bandsaw?
Don't take this as gospel, but I discovered with my bandsaw, which was marked 28-280 on the boxes it came in, that it is really a 28-203 (I think) with a 1 HP motor and enclosed base. That's what...
18
18

Bench top Band saws: Grizzly G1052: Yea? Nay?
Hello, Everyone. I am considering the purchase of a bench top band saw. I have done a fair amount of research from the archives of this newsgroup (and other related groups) on band saws in general and...
8
8

Ply beadboard warping issue
I'm using the GP beadboard and like all thinner plywood, it has developed a curvature to it after I ripped it. I can fit it against the wall and appears to flatten out. Note: I had to stop my project...
3
3

Stain before or after assembly?
I'm building a TV/stereo cabinet and have got all of the pieces cut and jointed. All I need to do now is assemble, sand, stain and finish with clear coat. I understand that it's best to stain before...
6
6