Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood Working Journal HotTools Plans
I just now discovered the Hot Tools Summer Web Site put up by Wood Working Journal at They have been posting some very nice free pland every two weeks over the summer. As each new plan goes up the old...
1
1

Using a Router to create molding/trim
I have a a variable speed router (on a router table). I purchased a set of molding router bits. When I place my 1x4 on my table and feed it to the bit... the router will violently take the wood right...
25
25

Paining NEW Cabinets
We acquired a set of slightly used display cabinets to use as a desk. The problem is that where we are using these cabinets, the wood doesn't match, so we want to paint them. These are KraftMaid maple...
1
1

Painting NEW cabinets
We acquired a set of slightly used display cabinets to use as a desk. The problem is that where we are using these cabinets, the wood doesn't match, so we want to paint them. These are KraftMaid maple...
5
5

What is it? CXCVI
Just posted set 196: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
32
32

New Fence
I was in the middle of resurrecting an old Biesemeyer commercial fence that I bought from my local lumber yard (rust, broken face etc.), even bought new parts from Mikes Tools. While lurking the WRECK...

OT gfi outlet
How high should I install a GIFT outlet on a outside wall? It'll be all water tight, 99.9% it wouldn't get wet at all. I haven't found anything in the NEC books or on the net yet. Did I miss...
16
16

Daddo tool
Over here in Australia, i have often read in magazines, where a tool called a daddo is used with wood. It looks like a router blade, is this right. Is there another name for this tool. Peter Australia
3
3

Cool Tool? "The Coper" for cutting baseboards
Stumbled across this on the web. I have no affiliation, it just looks like a cool tool if you've got a lot a baseboard to install. OTOH, it could be a piece of junk. In brief, you make a mold of your...
22
22

Could be an expensive week
The stars must be aligned: The new Lee Valley catalogue arrived in today's mail two days behind the latest Sinclair Intl. I may yet have to cave and let SYB spring for that new pup she's been after.
2
2

Was that the Wood Muse blowing in my ear or did a passing fly just fart?
I think I'm going for a floor-standing display cabinet which SWMBO has always wanted to display her doll collection. I'm thinking a modified pentangle shape with a flat back, two glass sides at 90...
3
3

What cheap wood will look good stained dark?
The wood furniture in our living room is all dark. A very old mahogany desk, a very old cherry table, and a dark piano of unknown wood. (I am going to guess mahogany with a tinted laquer) Two years...
21
21

Log jewelry box
Hi, I saw a cool jewelry box at a shop and was wondering how it was made.. it looks like they used a band saw but I don't know.. if anyone has Ideas I'd like to hear them.. they looked like this
6
6

Log jewelery box
Hi, I saw a log made into a jewlery box and was wondering if anyone had information on how it's done.. Looks like they used a band saw but I'm not sure.. they have some on this site so if you have any...

FA: Stanley #1 smoothing plane
http://easyurl.net/Stanley1
10
10