Subject Author Posted Replies

Used Book Stores
Had to go to the big city today, so decided to combine that with a stop at my favorite used book store. Good thing, because otherwise the day would have been a total bummer. Got three woodworking...
3
3

Reprise; Milling Lumber in Philadelphia
I gotta revicit this topic from a few months ago. I have these two big cedar tree trunks in my front yard that I'd love to mill into usable lumber. I'd be willing to hire someone with a portable...
3
3

Shelf supports
I was using some metal shelf supports (made by Rubbermaid, bought at HD) to mount a shelf on a brick wall and started to wonder about the correct way to do this. Where one of the support legs is...
1
1

INSPIRATION - Copa And Robbers Chess Set
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/cc2000_1961_1611387?.jpgJOAT

Gloat
Finally. After reading about people getting a Unisawr for $50 or 200 bf of teak for $30, I have a gloat (sort of). Our town has an annual rummage sale run by the Women's Club (or WC) to raise money...
11
11

What do you call this tool ?
It is a single row of pins held tightly by a bar but still allowed to move, like a single row pin-box. One uses it to take a pattern of molding by pushing the pins against the molding, allowing them...
5
5

What size dovetail jig to buy?
Years ago I had a 12" Harbor Freight. It was horrible. Got rid of it and bought a 24" Omnijig. Marvelous machine, but it was so heavy and big that I rarely used it. My shop is very small, without a...
11
11

Hot Tools Free Plans
Just discovered the free plans at this site I missed the earlier plans, if someone has them, could you please post here. TIA http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/resource/hottools/index.htmlAs
1
1

Hot Tools Plans Posting Request
Just discovered thr free plans at this site missed the ealier free plan postings. If anyone happens to have them, could you post them to this group please. TIA...

10mm core box router bit?
Does anyone know who might have these? Or will I have to have one made? I know it's not a common item, but nothing else will work. Thanks, Jay
5
5

jointer
Haven't been out to my shop for a while. While shaking off the rust (woodworking is definitely a perishable skill), I noticed something odd about my jointer. After making a couple passes on the edge...
3
3

delta mobile base
If anyone is in need a mobile base the Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base is on sale at Lowes for $30.00 when it rings up at the register the price is $12.00 ... not too bad! I don't know if this is a...
1
1

Angle for sharpening old drill bits
I use a great deal of drill bits in both metal and wood, and have decided to try my hand at sharpening them. Is there a particular angle for sharpening drills both for wood and metal. The largest...
8
8

About product rebates...
is one of the many reasons that many of us don't like this merchandising method. Patriarch http://www.siliconvalley.com/ci_6814729?nclick_check=1This
25
25

Strength of different hardwoods
I'm considering making a bed based on these plans. (small aesthetic/ practicle tweaks like lowering the footboard to just over the bottom of the mattress so I don't kick it, I'm tall) I don't want to...
15
15