Subject Author Posted Replies

Clever - Ep. 28: Norm Abram
Norm Abram podcast, April 18, 2017 "This Old House Master Carpenter Norm Abram charms us with stories of a youth spent building pinewood derby cars and learning the trade from his father, who lives on...

Ping Leon
Tell me again the name of the carbide turning tool you like to use. I think I will try it. Thanks
21
21

Filler, caulking advice needed.
Finished dadoing and carving my rails on the table saw. 4 ea. 12 foot long 2x6's. Unfortunately I had to use framing lumber. This is going to be indoo r paint grade railing. Need to fill dents, nicks...
6
6

Engineered vs solid hardwood flooring
The boss and I are planning on ripping up 660 sf of carpet and replacing it with hardwood. The advantage of engineered is virtually no movement. The a dvantage of solid is multiple refinishing...
18
18

Check Out This Potential "Woodworking" Project
Remnants of the Bertrand Plantation, for sale - $250K. 4.5 acres, with small pond, barn, blacksmith shop and 2 other out-buildings. The old house could use some fixing up, as with the barn, etc. I'm...
5
5

fire extinguisher state of the art
current exitinguisher is old and have never used it thinking about an upgrade but have not kept up with latest trends what is the preferred style these days
11
11

RIP - Poem For A Skydiver
We recently lost a friend in a skydiving accident. The prayer card at the wake contained the following poem. The words describe this person perfectly and I just thought that I would share them with...
1
1

Routing question
Making railings out of 2x6 stock, 122 in long. The center will be dadoed for the pickets. The flat faces will have slopes near the edges created by table saw. Is there any way to slightly round off...
11
11

make america cool again
shop fan for a cool summer might need to make sure everything is secured including hand tools but imagine the nice breeze so many plant closings on that site i recall a time when a plant here would...

Big shop table saw
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one: IRS Auctions - Search All Auctions IRS Auctions - Search All Auctions
9
9

Rockler HVLP Sprayer
Not trying to produce spam or bacon here, but I know that some of you guys have been asking about clearcloats (Shellac, e.g.,) & tip size. I just re ceived this in my email today, maybe you did too....
11
11

repurpose those old wrenches
like this use for an old wrench Very old wrench turned into a knife. Music by Jaroslaw Mistarz Trollsky Custom knives on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trollsky-custom-knives/203079099749271...
2
2

Inca 10 inch tilting top table saw and 10 in joiner planer for sale
I am selling both the saw and the joiner planer. I have several attachments for the saw like a molding head,tenon cutting attachment 2 mortise bits several blades 10 inch and 8 inch I have spare gear...
4
4

How long to dry
I came into 5 slabs of nicely splayed wormy Willow, freshly cut a month ago. I see coffee tables in their future. Slabs are 2 to 3 inches thick. Will be stored in dry basement. I am thinking 18 months...
14
14

Older Sketchup???
I've a _very_ old release; was wanting to try to get newer to do some on the house project of 'Reclaimed' subthread...unfortunately, latest Trimble link is to 2015 which won't install as don't have...
17
17