Subject Author Posted Replies

3rd Hand Support Bar
Has anyone had experience with the Harbor Freight version of the 3rd Hand Support Bar and/ or how it compares to the Fastcap original. I'm interested in the HB one as it is so much less expensive and...
4
4

Using sawdust as fuel
Anybody ever do anything productive with their sawdust? I'm not talking about using a handful for this or that but for the majority of it produced. Is there a way to effectively turn it into a log...
22
22

skills with a hammer
http://www.break.com/index/skills-with-a-hammer.html

Ooops is right!
Maybe it was only local, but apparently Rockler had about $600 worth of merchandise advertised in an e-mail flyer yesterday for around $6.63. They e-mailed an "ooops" this afternoon, but I'm betting...
8
8

Woodsmith Shop New TV show...
If this has been kicked around before, I apologize in advance. For those of us in Iowa, IPTV tonight has a new woodworking show by the guys at Woodsmith magazine. 630 pm on Friday nights. Here's shows...
11
11

FWW Article: "you can't be serious" abount clamping.
I just received FWW 194 in the mail. The article "Get Serious About Clamping" attempts to tell us that we are all underclamping our work. While Roman Rabeij chose not to "blind us with the science" he...
83
83

Wood Magazine Subscription????
Has anyone else had this happen? I received a renewal notice from wood magazine. It offers two years for the price of one. Sounds great, but sounds familiar. So, I look up wood magazine on my quicken,...
10
10

What kind of wood?
Concur. I've had several beautiful pieces of QS beech sitting in the stacks for about five years now. I'm waiting for them to tell me what they want me to make them into.
6
6

Dust collection - bigger is better?
So I've been thinking about dust collection a bit lately. At work we have a big 2 stage system with a bunch of bags. This thing runs all day and I'm sure it sucks up some serious juice. Even setting...
3
3

Article on faux finishes
I remember that one. Pretty sure it was in Wood, but I don't remember which issue, and I don't remember where it is either. :-(
3
3

Saw blade cleaning
Washing soda (not baking soda). Found in the laundry aisle of most grocery stores. Mix 1/4 cup in a quart of warm water in a shallow pan. Lay the blade down in it. Five minutes later, pick it up --...
16
16

White Population in the World Set to Drop from 17% to 7% by 2050.
It's certainly a punishment for racists like you and I like you to live in a world you are afraid of ;-) Michael
13
13

What is it? CC
According to R.H. : This is a difficult series. 1103) Pure guess -- something to do with balancing tires? 1104) ???? Are those leather straps at the unhinged end? If not, perhaps they could accept...
22
22

"Spray-able" coating for outdoor furniture
Well, the cheap woode chairs from Big Lots lost their sheen quicker than a Summer shower. Lowes sells but one clear coating for "outdoor" use. A reading of the can would indicate it cannot be thinned...
9
9

Lathe mobile base
Why not buy the Jet mobile base?