Subject Author Posted Replies

JDS Dust Force or Harbor Freight dust collector?
I'm looking into buying my first dust collector (small garage shop, one tool at a time). The 2HP Harbor Freight DC seems to get good reviews, but it only has a 30 micron bag, and I've read reports...
4
4

Tormek Jig for Gouges (SVD-185)
I need a little help. I have a Tormek and the Jig for Gouges and turning cutters (SVD-185). It works great to sharpen turning gouges. One drawback is that jig only works for gouges one inch or less in...
4
4

milling black walnut
I just took down a black walnut with a friend of mine to get milled up. The last time I milled a black walnut, we just through and through milled it. However, I was wondering if perhaps I should...
4
4

The Handyman
WEBSITE.WS - Your Internet Address For Lifeā„¢
5
5

Halloweeny Yard "Art" Is DONE
Actually finished Sunday, but needed to wait overnight for the last of the paint to properly dry, some of it went on a bit thick. Did the last detail touchup yesterday, but just didn't feel like...
2
2

Good catch for inset doors?
I recently built a vanity cabinet for my in-laws, and this is one of the few times I have used inset doors. I usually build overlay drawers with self closing hinges, so it didn't cross my mind that...
14
14

Another cherry stain question
Well I could have sworn that it was a commercially available product and that I had seen it described in one of the wood magazines. And that I was standing reading it at Lowes magazine rack. Oh well,...
8
8

Bosch 4000-09 table saw not flat
Hi all - I've just bought a Bosch 4000-09 table saw. While setting the saw up, I discovered to my surprise that the table isn't completely flat. The problem is this: when I place a straight rule...
7
7

cordless drill batteries - Milwaukee recall
If anyone missed it. I was over at Harbor Freight and was checking the recalls on their tools. One safety recall was for Milwaukee 14.4 v and 18 v NiCd battery packs manufactured between Sept 1999 and...

OT: Perhaps, cardboard is paper, paper is made from wood, no?
Check this guys artwork - cardboard and glue: the cars and motorcycle. MJ Wallace http://www.chrisgilmour.com/en.opere.htmlLove

Mechanical Aptitude Test
470 --------------------------------------------- ** ** --------------------------------------------- Woodworking
74
74

ECONOMY BAT HOUSE
I guess it's for low-income bats. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk." http://www.batcon.org/bhra/economyhouse.html
3
3

Recommendations for protective finish for "Mahogony" (Red Merranti) deck?
I'm refinishing a covered deck with tongue & groove 1x4 Red Merranti. Looking for recommendations for protective finish? - What should I coat the underside (and tongue/grooves) with before...
1
1

Orient Strand Board safety issues?
Then you've might want to choose between exterior or interior grade OSB. Exterior would be better for formaldehyde emmision rates as the glue used encapsulates it moreso than interior grade glues. At...
9
9

Any thoughts on the Delta 37-190 jointer?
I've found one for sale locally less than $100, including an extra set of knives. I read from various reviews that knife setup can be somewhat of a pain. I currently either use by Delta 13" planer or...
3
3