Subject Author Posted Replies

delta JT360 assembly problem - web site useless
Recently purchased a Delta JT360 jointer. When I finished assembling it yesterday, I discovered I had 4 lock washers left over. I suspect they belong on the motor mounting bolts, though I re-read the...
6
6

Shop shot (from ABPW)
post also included a funny: here's one for Ed and Robert..wanna try some of MY chili? http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Hotsauce2.jpg...
1
1

What is it?
Found two very old wooden vises in the basement of my apartment building in Sweden. What are they for? Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/question_everything/1790712430/...
3
3

OT capturing flash video from online sources
I enjoy watching most of the online video content from WoodWhisperer, Matts Basement, The Woodworking Channel, David Marks on DIY, et al. Instead of sitting at my pc and viewing on the monitor I'd...
6
6

INSPIRATION - White Reindeer
Damn. Got the halloweeny yard "art" done, and figured I'd paid my debt to society for whatever crime or sin I'd committed. Not so. Or, maybe it's just the Woodworking Gods playing tricks. Seems the...

Re: INSPIRATION - Truck - PDF
That link is actually plans. I think I may have put in the ""INSPIRATIONB, because I want to build a junkyard crawler something like this: that is a great inspiration. If that link doesn't show a...

I need my miter saw to build a miter saw stand
It's like needing a panel cutter to make a panel cutter. Very Godel, Escher, and Bach. S.
7
7

How does the grain run on baseball bats?
I don't really care for the game, but my son is a Red Sox fan, so I have seen a lot of baseball recently. There are quite a few broken bats, and they all look to be a diagonal break; what you would...
30
30

MI's SPEEDBALL SPECIAL - PDF
I've seen the original, and it was beeyootiful. Probably have to do a bit of substituting of pieces, vut if you want something unique, it could be done for not a lot. JOAT It's not hard, if you get...
10
10

Experience with bifold pocket doors?
I'm just about ready to buy a 46" LCD TV and want to put it in an existing entertainment cabinet. I was considering putting in bifold pocket doors. I have experience with pocket doors but not bifold...
4
4

A sad wood gloat
Went to an auction today. All the woodworking equipment was old and junky, but there huge piles of wood. I bought 300 bf of mixed maple, birch, walnut for $120. Okay, 100 bf of it wasn't very good (in...

Rikon 6" Jointer
Deos anyone have any ecperience with this machine ? Woodcraft has put it on sale for $400. Thanks. Oswin
2
2

For sale Walker Turner 24" scroll saw
Oldie but goodie. Still works OK. Some blades. $25 firm. Pickup only in Indianapolis area (Fishers--Fortville area) Send request to for pics.

Mantle Shelf
I am looking for some help. I have just begun to create what I hope is many years of sawdust. I have been scouring the net for a plan for a mantle shelf. I don't mind paying for plans, but I don't...
3
3

INSPIRATION - Wood Box
Just scroll down about half a page or so. You could scale it up for a toy box, if wanted. If wanted a picture on something like this, often as not I'd draw one out myself. But you could find a picture...
8
8