Subject Author Posted Replies

Dewalt 734 12 1/2 thickness planer
Anyone have experience or opinions about this machine? I might be able to get one for a couple of hundred bucks. Thanks, S.
5
5

cedar and a stock tank
I want to create a bathtub out of a 2' x 2' x 6' stock tank. Lining it with cedar. How would I go about adhering the cedar to the metal stock tank. Making sure the tub was sealed and be able to easily...
2
2

CAD on Linux.
Anybody here have any experience with CAD programs running under Linux? There sure are many. Any favourites? I will need 3D capability and export in .dxf and/or .dwg I won't need much of a rendering...
13
13

This Should Solve The Metric Question
Nam. Divorce. Cancer. Been there, done that, got over it. Now where the Hell are my T-shirts? - JOAT...
1
1

OT - New Orleans
Click to see video on Katrina
1
1

Edge banding
I see that Rockler is offering a Burgess end banding router set on sale now: have always glued strips of solid wood to the plywood edges and then used a block plane to match the edge to the surface of...
2
2

Cedar finish for bathroom item
Hi, I've built a small project out of aromatic cedar for use in the bathroom. The item is small but will be exposed to random water splashes/drops daily. I like the idea of keeping the scent (leaving...
10
10

Pinewood Derby Super Site
's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://home.simplyweb.net/bosworth/index.htmlJOAT

Need to glue a picture frame
Has anyone tried this jig? do you know of a better one? Thanks, S. http://www.woodzone.com/tips/frame_jig.htmOr
4
4

What is it? CCIV
Just posted the latest set, I'll be away from my computer all day tomorrow so I'll be posting the answer page early in the morning. What is it?
28
28

Table saw binds ripping PT 2x6
I was trying to rip a PT 2x6 that I had bought at the borg a couple of days back. Now like most of the PT in the borg, the wood was pretty damp and clammy when I got it and it only had a couple of...
9
9

router table for Bosch TS4000 Table Saw
I have a Bosch TS4000-9, table saw and I was thinking of adding a router table in the expanding area for the fence. As this is a portable saw, I want to be able to easily remove the router table. Has...

Deck screws
When I'm make a joint and I need to screw it and glue it, I like to use deck screws. I know it's overkill, but when I sink one of those in there I know it's good to go. Anyone else? S.
7
7

Sliding compound miter saws
By chance, is there anyone here who would happen to know which SCMS (with a ten inch blade preferably) has the widest (longest?) cutting ability. I want to replace a radial arm saw and I want the...
26
26

Any opinions on the Firgelli Automations TV Lift
Hello, Does anyone have experience with Firgelli Automations Flat Screen TV lift? It seems to sell for about 1/3 of what other companies are asking - this begs the question: Is it junk? Thanks for any...