Subject Author Posted Replies

Gluing long wide boards
I am building a table and I need to glue together several long and wide (5' X 10") boards for the table top. I cannot put them through jointer as they are long and heavy. What's the best way for...
9
9

1/8" Birch Plywoold
Does anyone know of a good place to get 1/8" Birch Plywood in the Tampa Florida area or a good online place with cheap/fast shipping? Need a good supplier for my plaques.
4
4

Making some (sort of) quick pantry shelves
We just moved into our new (renovated) house. The kitchen has a pantry, without shelves. I need to get something up quick, and do to moving and putting everything in my workshop, my tools are not...
10
10

JACKLEG FENCE
Nam. Divorce. Cancer. Been there, done that, got over it. Now where the Hell are my T-shirts? - JOAT Page Not Found - Backwoods Home Magazine
1
1

Off Topic Electrical Question
Well, cabinet trim went fine, range fits and is centered (probably should have greased the sides a bit goilg in) currently wiring the new range. romex into the 50 Amp wall plug is three wire, which...
8
8

REQ: Looking for **Free** plans for antique rocking horse.
Have found many websites (mostly England) that carry plans/harware for these rockers but nothing but the cheap weekend project rockers. Please email me direct as I only get to this group a couple...

J.O.A.T....Thanks for the plans!
A great selection, as usual.. Thanks for posting the stuff you find, it's appreciated.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
3
3

Checking for metal in wood
I have some used lumber I want to run through my thickness planer, but I'm not 100 percent there's not a broken off screw in one of them. Is there a woodworking device that checks for metal in wood?...
11
11

What finish?
I am refurbishing a high chair. What I need is recommendations for a finish. I need something safe if the baby is teething and bits on the wood. I don't want to use paint of any kind. What do you...
9
9

Refinishing an old cedar chest
I have an old (circa 1948) cedar chest my dad gave my mother one Christmas that I would like to refinish. It is veneered (some of which is coming loose) with many "water glass rings" where careless...
1
1

O/T: Slow Day In The News Room
To our friends in OZ, you made the news, at least some of you. Here in SoCal, the local TV stations have been running a film clip showing a kangaroo in Melbourne that was running wild in the streets....
3
3

O/T: Old Memories
It was reported on the evening news that the Red Cross was attempting to atone for the fact that they charged the troops for coffee and donuts during WWII. This truly angered my father who refused to...
37
37

O/T: RE: Credit Card v Debit Card
SFWIW, some interesting info this afternoon on the boob tube: In the event your card # is stolen and used: Debit card fraud must be reported within 48 hours to stay with in the $50 liability. Credit...
51
51

How do it work? Delta Uniplane
Hey all, I just saw a Delta Uniplane on Ebay. No, I'm not interested in buying it but I had never seen one in operation. Is it an edge jointer for boards on their sides, much like jointing a board on...
3
3

mdf heat tolerance
I'm making a radiator cover using mdf and I plan to use glue as a bonding agent (rather than nails and screws.) Since it will be constantly exposed to heat, is this the right way to go? What kind of...
3
3