Subject Author Posted Replies

How many European style hinges to use
We have refinished our cabinets, and I am using European style hinges to put the doors up. Unfortunately, these doors only have a 1/4" overlay, but I have found the proper hinges to use locally (near...
1
1

Does this qualify?
Down here in Oz we are about to have federal elections. One of the 'stake holders' (not a political party) wants to get their message across on the day and has 200 plastic posters to spread around the...
3
3

Blade Tracking Problem - Delta 14" Bandsaw
I bought a used Delta 14" band saw and used it with the small 1/8th inch blade for a few cuts. Tonight, I tried installing a wider (3/4"?) blade and found that it would not stay on the top wheel for...
11
11

E-mails
Another e-mail from someone I don't know. Third one in about two weeks. I don't even like geting e-mails from my mother, so why someone who I have never heard of before thinks I would welcome an...
35
35

Glue Getting Old? Maybe not.
I am working on a project and wanted to refill my smaller glue container from the quart container of TB III and noticed that the glue in the quart container had almost turned to a pudding like...
22
22

Edge banding - advice wanted
I am making a toy box for my grandson. I am copying this commercially available toy box. will be made from plywood but I have to do a lot of edge banding with solid wood to be able to round the edges...
14
14

Yet another Ebay sap..
compels someone to offer a bid for a used item that is higher than the price for the new item? The plane isn't exactly an antique collectible. Never ceases to amaze as well annoy.
54
54

FA: Good Vintage Marples 17/32 Mortice Chisel
Yet another so****g eBay item; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183998860&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005ATB...

FA:5/8 Sorby Mortice Chisel
An eBay item; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183994374&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005ATB http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183994374

FA: 3/8 Sorby Socket Chisel
An eBay item; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183997337&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005ATB http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183997337

FA: Good Vintage Sorby 1/2" Mortice Chisel
An eBay item: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183993165

FA: Record 735 Fibre Board Plane
An eBay item: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183991872&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005ATB http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150183991872...

FA: Vintage Record 020 Compass Plane