Subject Author Posted Replies

table design question
Does anyone know of some generally accepted or adhered to design ratios for the diameter of a circular pedestal table top to the diameter of the circle formed by the four legs? Worded another way, I'm...
4
4

Mildly OT - A Relatively Productive Weekend
Went to a gun show with the older son. And, don't give me any of that male bonding crap. Bought a Nagant revolver, for some strange reason. Has the most interesting wood grips I've ever seen - four...
4
4

OT - Hogfather
This posting is for connysewers of fine films only. Hogfather will be aired on 25 Nov, on the boob toob. It'll be at 7pm, channel 23, here where I am. I got the word on it the other day from my...
14
14

put your varnish on ebay!
Sunday I went out to get some Varnish, of course the local paint store is closed so I go to Lowes. Surprise!, I can't find it. I ask at the counter and the girl takes me to the poly and asks if I want...
12
12

OT: laptop memory
Looked at the Best Buy ad Sunday. They had 1gig laptop memory for $55. Regular price $127.00. Think they made a mistake in the ad, but got one for SWMBO and one for mine. Maybe Cut List will run even...

OT: Video Camera Monopod for Permanent Installation
This topic is somewhat off topic for this group but I have gotten good answers from the wide experience of the group members before. Please indulge me. ;-) My church has started a video ministry to...
7
7

The giving that keeps on giving
This is a money making program that will make you a some money in a relatively short time span. How long it takes is up to you. I won't cost you much. No more than the cost of lunch at Burger King....

Need a quick fix for a counter top.
I have a small area that 3 chairs in front of it, bar hight. It is semi-circular, 67" wide, and 18" at its widest. Anyway, I screwed in a piece of Avantek and got the shape down. I won't have time to...
5
5

Cabinet making steps
Hi gang, Im a relatively new woodworker. I have been toying with the idea of selling some of my work. Pre built stuff like boxes and blanket chests. Well after discussing this with my boss, he wants...
7
7

Open the Box.
A recent thread brought these two incidents to mind. After having Sears hold money for 6 months without delivery of $600 worth of items, I called the Better Business Bureau and the city where the...
9
9

stupid hunters
Would you guys mind putting you bullets in the animal and not in the trees?
11
11

FAQ and Acronyms
Is there a place where I can go read the FAQs for this group. I asked a question the other day and got a wisecrack response, and I really do not need this kind of crap at my age. Had the guy been in...
10
10

Craftsman Parts $$$
refurbishing a 1973 used Craftsman RAS, 113.29461, Sears wants $65 for the set of carriage bearings, and $12.50 each for table clamps. Seems like a lot to me. Also would like a manual. Any better...
20
20

Update on wormy white oak on A.B.P.W.
Thought you all might like to see hillbilly logging practices. :-) Lyndell
1
1

A little surprised... fww
Just received my fww tools and shops issue. Was anyone else surprised that there were no reader letters regarding the article generally judged to be the worst in recent memory (the clamp and glue "the...
5
5