Subject Author Posted Replies

Blue Shop Towels Cause Rusting?
Doing a little maintenance around the shop, decided to change the jointer b lades. 6 to 8 months ago, I had 2 sets of blades sharpened and rolled the m in the blue shop towels, for storage. I...
19
19

Kreg Accu-Cut (Not Rip-Cut) - A Poor Man's Track Saw?
I think this is a new product from Kreg. The email says "Now Available" I've never used a track saw, so I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts about this system from those that have. Apparently you...
9
9

A new and different job
So it has been slow this year other than the non profit building I have been doing. A few weeks ago a customer asked me to build a podium for the Knights of Columbus organization that he belongs to....
10
10

Ping Nailshooter
Well it looks like you can afford to use Festool on the job site, if you relocate to Europe. :~) Check the third paragraph.
7
7

Anyone near Eglin AFB, Florida
SawStop for sale, auction ends tomorrow. No info on its condition.... call (1-480-367-1300) and ask someone, or go inspect it. Other machines across the country: Sonny
5
5

non slip wood finish
what is the best waterproof but not submerged non slip poly finish a drying rack with dowels needs to hold onto the clothes etc was thinking maybe do a rough sand and then apply poly and leave it...
4
4

poly and coating technique
i used to always wipe the dust off from sanding between poly coats but for some stuff that did not need to be presentable and i coated just as a measure to keep out ambient moisture i left the dust on...
4
4

Sharpening Stones
Lee Valley's doing free shipping, so I thought I'd take a look at their offerings. I've got a set of their water slip stones that work nicely, but I don't want to mess them up for some of the other...
35
35

What's Your Definition Of "Traditional Techniques"?
Just something that will hopefully spark a friendly discussion... I was watching this episode of How It's Made this morning: They open the segment with the words "use ... traditional furniture...
23
23

more important to have good performance durability or looks
i like to apply a finish that will not require much care and the poly stuff does that well and it is easy to apply so why does anyone use finishes that require regular maintenance and careful usage...
14
14

Pocket hole miter hack
For those of you that have a Kreg pocket hole or like jig you may recall seeing instructions, video, or demonstration of how to join two pieces of wood, by their edges, with an angle other than 90...
12
12

Wood Identification
Anyone have any thoughts on what type of wood this might be? 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii235/AMDHamm/Photo%20Jun%2029%205%2035%2032%20PM.jpg...
14
14

Repurposed: Hutch To Kitchen Island
My latest project is complete and has been delivered. My daughter graduated from college and moved into an apartment. The kitchen is a good size, but there is literally no counter space for food prep....
4
4

Shellac + wax
For the first time, I used shellac and wax on a table top. It looks great, warm and deep. But I'm concerned about durability. What has been your experience? Thanks.
8
8

Attn Domino guys
New from Festool: DOMINO connector