Subject Author Posted Replies

Powermatic decision
One dealer I spoke with recently commented how the Sawstop rep told him about the tail of two high schools, one of which balked at the extra cost of a Sawstop and the poor kid who now lives without...
21
21

Millwright Decals and Stickers
Millwright decals and stickers. Millwright Ron http://www.unionmillwright.com/collectables6.html

Reversing direction on bandsaw motor
I just went to change the wiring on my band saw motor that was previously 220V, but I no longer have access to 220V outlet. I have the wiring diagram from inside the cover so switching to 110V was no...
5
5

Distinguishing White from Red Oak?
OK, I have quite a bit of mixed red and white oak that I bought, green, from a local sawmill several years ago. I now have a need for some in a marine appplication where the wood will see a lot of...
11
11

Glue Stain Finish Experiment
Most of you know of my experimenting. Some goes good, some goes not so good. The thinkked Titebond II and Elmers as finishes went well, and seem to be holding up quite well. I got the Elmers very...
4
4

OT - Hogfather Will Be On Again
Here it's on Sunday, channel 23, 7 PM. This will be the 4th time, that I am aware of, that it will air. Doesn't quite follow the book, but good enough I've seen it the other 3 times, and will probably...
4
4

Older Unisaw added to the shop
Thank god for a little bit of rust and a missing blade! I was at an Auction yesterday and just picked up a delta Unisaw serial number 122-3968 for an amazingly low price. Winning bid was fifty...
13
13

Christmas
Old Charlie had been without children for forty years. He had been without a wife for seven. He had been retired for five. He was a silent and uncommunicative man by nature - but something had...
18
18

Craftsman Radial Arm 10 inch saw.
I picked up an old radial arm saw, it needs TLC anyone know how to grease, oil it?
2
2

Anti slam cover Stops
I am in the process of making a blanket/toy box for my Great Granddaughter and have a pair of end mounted anti-slam brackets. The problem I have is they don't have the mounting dimensions and it is...
6
6

Sears $5 off $5 purchase coupon
've used it to finally get a collection of smaller combination wrenches. Sears currently has a deal going where you can buy an 8 piece SAE or metric combo wrench set for $10. This coupon brings that...

Wow - now I'm embarrassed.... (Domino)
Sorry all... I have a free account with TerraNews and tried posting my Domino question. It normally posts the second I hit "send." However, when I tried to post my question a few days ago, nothing...
3
3

What is it? CCXI
A new set of tools has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob