Subject Author Posted Replies

Folding Chair Plans
>> Thanks Snog. This one seems close. http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/rtbuno/?action=view¤t=folding-arm-chair.jpghttp://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/rtbuno/ - Lee Valley Tools...
7

What is it? CCXII
1184 looks like a wheel for a soap-box racer. Some years, the official wheels seemed to have very little rubber.
11
11

where are best prices post Christmas?
Have limited cash..looking for a reasonable stacked dado set that gives flat bottoms and a good all around blade for a RAS. Amazon, eBay, Rockler, etc?
1
1

duh..like now what
stupid question for idiot action...was gluing on plywood edging (ash strip, flush to side of plywood)..thought, hm, I'll tack it on with 23 gauge pin nail and then rip it even after it dries..did not...
15
15

Follow up - Rockler in NJ at Force Machinery
Was in Plainfield earlier today so decided to go a little further East and check out Force Machinery since I got an email from them that they are now partnered with Rockler. lot different from the...
5
5

Band Saw Blade Tension Measurement
I was looking for ideas for a DIY band saw blade tensioner today and came across this one: think I am going to try and make it. It looks like the lower part of the device pivots on a bar and the...
15
15

Grill source?
All that has been done-to-death. What about taking some wicker-weave and spraying it with a silvery/coppery metal paint and then clear coating it? I'm sorry, but every time I see another door with...
11
11

Aftermarket chip breakers on old planes
I've restored several old Stanley bench planes (No.s 4, 5, 6), mostly Type 13's (1930-1931) vintage. I install new Hock blades and Clifton two-piece chip breakers, and I've had very good results. But,...

Bench Chisels..... What's "Full Set"?
I've been slowly building up my set of bench chisels. I've been bying the "blue steel bench chisels" from The Japanese Woodworker (usual/nominal disclaimers apply). They're not cheap, but I like them,...
8
8

Laser vs Scroll Saw Woodworking
"A quality debate has been floating around the woodworking community for years... what equipment makes better woodworking pieces, laser or scroll saw? The actual answer should surprise you..." eBay...

New tools also
Nothing fancy just small things I can use, a Ryobi 1/4 sheet sander with vac hook-up (my old one has to be from the early 80s still works but no dust control), engraver from Dremel, wood burning tool...
1
1

Tool Purchase Advice Needed
Just curious. Where would you suggest moving? Lew
18
18

Ah, Got Tools
The sons are obviously starting to pay attention. The older one got me some small tools, all ones that I can actually use. And the younger son got me a four-cup Mr Coffee coffee maker. And was pvided...
24
24

looking for used lathe or parts
Got an old junker laying around? Need one for a friend here in Mexico.. No motor, etc. is fine, just need the basic headstock, rail, etc.. thanks, mac Please remove splinters before emailing

For The Turners
I posted this in another group as well so if you get it twice, I apologize, just looking for all advice possible advice. Ok, I need advise from the experts and from those who have made mistakes. My...
8
8