Subject Author Posted Replies

Full face respirators (PAPR) recommendations
I was lucky enough to receive a lathe for Christmas. Between that, my table saw and my thickness planer and the more exotic woods that the lathe screams for, I've decided it's time to invest in a...
21
21

Re: OT: Why today's CDs sound like crap (ping Swingman et al)
"Robatoy" wrote I was thinking Scarlett Johansson. yes! ... that could make even old farts rise to the occasion, occasionally....
2
2

Woodworking Book Source
I've long been in favor of used bookstores to bu woodworking books. Well, one used bookstore anyway, the rest all seem to have few. New books only seem to have about one proect, at most, with prices...

Simple wood-chisel question.
What is the correct response when you find that your wife has been using a 1/4" wood chisel to pry open paint cans? Bonus question: She asked me why the tip had the little plastic cover.
25
25

What is it? CCXIII
Set number 213 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
9
9

Craftsman Radial Saw Motor
Help! I have a 20+ year old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw (model 113.199450), on which the motor just burned out. Sears (noth the website and the phone help people) says they can no longer get that motor...
11
11

Choosing A Realtor
Purchasing a property, either as an investor or as a prospective homeowner can be one of the most exhilarating and frightening experiences of your life. In both situations it is imperative that you...
3
3

T-trck, either cheap or green
We're constructing a "tent"/"fort" for my son, who wants such a thing around his bed so he can watch movies and read books in a fort. My wife wants it to be easily removable. The tentative plan is to...
8
8

Fridgstainer
Tools, lunch.

Parallelogram Jointers - Suck - Yes/NO ?
Hey, I am ready to get rid of my old, vintage 80's, first years jointer. It's had been a goodin' Looking at the new Parallelogram table systems, Delta has one, Grizzley has one, a bunch of folks do....
6
6

Checking in
Hey all! I'm new to the group. I use Agent and I downloaded about 70k messages. Sheesh! I see what appears to be a lot of Troll dung and spammers, so I'll think that out, download what's left, and...
1
1

Gluing up panels use biscuts?
"larry" wrote IME, the thinner the material, the greater the possibility of clamping/alignment issues can arise during panel glue-ups. No problem using dry biscuits in 1/2" stock to help with this if...
17
17

WoodWorks! show, Schaumberg IL, Feb 1 - Cancelled?
just got a phone call from a lady at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center saying they'd just gotten confirmation that the show had been canceled. Would I like to cancel my room...
6
6

Re: Why today's CDs sound like crap (ping Swingman et al)
Pssssst... don't tell anybody. So do I. (Actually, I'm chasing a low level 60Hz hum in my phono stage somewhere) I recently demonstrated that I was getting wider bandwidth and more dynamic range from...
1
1

Bandsaw Urethane Tire Replacments - Anyone Done this?
I am consider replacing my Delta 14" tires with urethane tires. I have tuned up the saw a number of times, wheel alignment, balance, planer alignments, etc. But recently it has started to vibrate...
9
9