Subject Author Posted Replies

accurate miter gauges
I have used a "Fastrack" fixed 90degree miter for 10 years, believing that it was quite accurate . . . more fool me! Frequently my crosscuts were slightly non-square, but I've always assumed that the...
27
27

Nova Scotia woodworkers corrected URL
Hi All Sorry for the mistake in the last posted URL. We are trying to gain interest in a forum for Nova Scotia woodworkers, or anybody interested in the Fine Art of Woodworking. Mike H
4
4

anyone have any feedback on the Harbor Freight Oscillating Spindle Sander?
Hi, I saw an oscillating spindle sander at HF that looked very reasonable, given the under $100 price. The table was fixed (only do 90 degrees unless you build a jig for it), but it seemed pretty...
5
5

PM2000 Consideration
I am seriously considering purchasing a shiny new PM2000. I am going to get the PM w/ the 3hp motor and w/ 50" fence (1792000K). My current saw ( houses my router table on the right side ( question:...
8
8

Opinions on Grizzly 8" Jointer
Guys, I've been using an Inca 8" jointer for 20 years. I'm now ready to move to a jointer with a longer bed, as the Inca's bed is only 36" long. I initially looked at the Powermatic 60B 8" jointer....
10
10

Frank Arthur crap floods the newsgroups!
Frank Arthur, meet my kill file. Now I REALLY won't see any of the crap you quote.

Crap about crap flooding the newsgroups, floods the newsgroups!
Idiots! Parse and report it as I do! Or shut the hell up and go back to sleep.
1
1

Tapcon or Powder Actuated for attaching metal boxes to concrete
I'm installing lots of electrical boxes to the concrete walls in my basement. About 29 boxes and 58 one hole straps to hold the 6 foot length of 1/2" EMT conduit. Choices are a rotary hammer with SDS...
18
18

Nepal crap floods the newsgroup!

Options for short grain quarter-sawn white oak paneling
I need to get a 4x5 short-grain (i.e. grain runs the 4ft length) of quarter sawn white oak. I have the following options: 1. Custom order short grain 1/4" veneer plywood (approx $250+) 2. Apply...

DeWAlt 735 Planer Question & Hint
Hi Group, I just flipped the blades in my 735 planner. These cannot be sharpened can they? Here's the hint I was looking for a way to route the chips to a garbage can (I'd been using a shopvac) and...
13
13

Quartersawn vs. Flat Sawn White Oak plywood veneer paneling
I am putting up some wainscoating and a bench in our mud room that I intend to construct out of white oak (veneer plywood for the wainscoating and solid for the bench). The finish will be light stain...
9
9

Uncensored Video Music Clips
if you wanna download clips visit us http://www.celpkonak.tr.cc/
1
1

Abmition vs. Skill, Scribing to stone on the diagonal (w/pics)
Well (almost) done! Someday someone else who works with wood is going to look at it and say, "Wow, this guy was a real maniac!" I've seen lots of jobs done by pros where they just gloss over details...
7
7

Favorite recipes for homemade wood-fill
Looking for some input on what recipes have worked best for you. - Any wood types better than others? For example, I just sanded some ipe decking and it made a flour-like sawdust. Is that fine sawdust...
1
1