Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding a swivel to a reclining chair
Does this sound like it's practical? I've got a pair of recliners in my living room that rock and recline, but they can't swivel; I'd like them to have that ability. I've thought about ordering a...
11
11

HDPE for TS inserts?
Hey, all, I have a sheet of 3/4" GE "Starboard" (white hi-density polyethylene with UV blockers) that I was originally going to use on a boat, but didn't. I was considering using it for various...
6
6

Q: Steel City Tool Works 35606 10" 3hp
I am fairly certain these are a three belt affair but cannot find it in their literature. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks! D'ohBoy
5
5

Home bar
Does anyone have links to pictures to home bars and can anyone tell me the height of a bar and the inside counter height of the bar ( the work area ) Thanks in advance. If your interested in some of...
9
9

Get together, buy together at www.thebuyersNET.com
offers a unique way of empowering the buyer by bringing technologies used by major corporations to benefit ordinary buyers! Form your own buying clubs and negotiate group discounts!

Lathe tool sharpening
I once saw a 2" belt with a Wolverine Jig attached in a Woodcraft store in St. Louis and I found out that they no longer sell the sander. Can anyone tell me where to find an adjustable 2" belt sander?...
2
2

router bearing sest
I have a porter cable 690 router and an inlay bearing set. Can any one give me some hints on how to use these bearings and to find patterns for inlays? Thanks;
3
3

Working Beech
Started making the legs for my new bench. I had bought Beech and Ash years ago from a farm going under. I paid more than it was worth, while the woman thought I didn't pay enough. I wanted it for the...
1
1

How Convert dining table to Drop Leaf???
My tiny 650 square foot cabin needs a small dining table. I think that a round drop leaf table (with the leaf dropped and pushed up against the wall) would be perfect but I've been unable to find one....
2
2

Nova Scotia woodworkers fourm
Nova Scotia woodworkers forum us............. http://www.novascotiawoodworkers.caandhttp://woodworking.canadapixs.comJoin
5
5

Routers
Thinking about buying my 1st router, any suggestions on what I should look for, or what I should stay away from?
29
29

New DeWalt Circular Saw (Festool clone???)
Check out this video for a new Dewalt Saw. Looks pretty nice. Guessing it will be priced under the Festool and not as well engineered. Note: it looks like it is not available in the U.S. Dave
28
28

thoughts on assessing a used cabinet saw
any thoughts on: how to size up a used saw? take along a straight edge and measure flatness? a dial indicator and check flange runout? run and listen? what are some major wear signs? which make to...
2
2

Leons Dado Jig
Several months ago there was a link posted here. It was for Leon's Dado Jig. I save the link for the day that I would need to make that jig. But when I tried the link it was dead. Is there somewhere...
3
3

Shellac Questions
I put up some pine wainscoting in a rec-room. I would like to use shellac because I don't want it to darken and yellow as would p-urethane. Plus, I like the look of it. But is shellac reasonably...
25
25