Subject Author Posted Replies

Rusty Drill Press Column, Part II
The drill press is now less rusty than it was and acceptable for use. Is there something we could apply to lubricate the column and keep it from rusting again? Paste wax maybe?
6
6

I need a wide handled, angled scorp.....
Anyone know where a wide handled scorp might be? The handles on my 6" sco rp are about 10" wide. I need a handle span of at least 13".... 15"-18" i s even better. Also, I need the blade to be angled...
5
5

Liquid glass resin gone wrong and need to rub back!!
I have an area of 1200x600 table top that has a veneer design with different colours on a black background. After pouring the dark veneers got really darker and are hardly seen, and some areas on the...
5
5

Rusty drill press column
[not my drill press] Any idea how to either remove the rust or at least smooth it down enough that the friction isn't in impediment to adjusting the table height?
74
74

Re: Baltic Birch Plywood in Atlanta Area
Do you have a showroom? Walk-in sales? Catalog?
7
7

OT Improvised fender washers
I was putting hardware cloth over an old vent fan in the shop. The squirrels had found a way to open the shutters on the outside and created havoc knocking things off shelves. Anyway, I ran out of...
13
13

Can I Cut The Rails On A Delta 36-T30 Fence System?
The rails on the Delta 36-T30 are spec'd at 57.5". Based on the size and layout of my shop, I don't want/can't have the overall width of the table saw to be any more than the current 36". The original...
4
4

DeWalt Scroll sad Heads UP
Grizzly has the DeWalt 20" Scroll Saw H7414 with Stand and Light on sale for $399.95 from today until Oct 1, 2017.

Replacement Fence Assembly and Dado Insert for 10" Craftsman Contractor Table Saw Model #113.298842
I need a new fence assembly for the above mentioned model Craftsman table saw. Sears is no help and I was wondering if there was an aftermarket one available. I need a dado insert or zero clearance...
4
4

Pots and Pans Drawers Should Be In The Building Code
I have. a mid-1950?s kitchen with stick built cabinets. There are n o individual boxes, e.g. behind 3 doors is one large open space. I have been (very slowly) doing some upgra des, like building new...
23
23

how to make wooden glass dome bases airtight?
I have a small glass dome with a wooden base identical to the one shown here: I do entomology as a hobby and placed several butterflies in the dome over the Summer and then sealed the base to the...
37
37

Storing Water Stones in min. spc?
I've got 3 full sized water stones that I'd like to keep in water so they're always ready. I'm trying to find a container to keep them in so they don't take up a lot of room on the bench. What do you...
5
5

Woodpecker holes
Son's siding has sizable woodpecker damage. What would you use to fill the holes?
16
16

Diablo SandNet Disks For ROS
I just bought my first ROS, an essentially brand new DeWalt for $25 at a pawn shop. I need some discs and saw these at Home Depot. Has anyone tried them? Pros? Cons?
2
2

Rockwell Model 34-010 Question
I was using my Rockwell 34-010 miter saw when the blade hit a nail or something. Now the blade is frozen. Is that due to a safety device (e.g. shear pin)? If not, anyone know how I can unfreeze the...
6
6