Subject Author Posted Replies

Physical mathematical art
Take a break from doing taxes and look at another form of mathematics*. here is an art exhibit from the American Mathematical Society - Mathematical Association of America, Joint Mathematics Meeting....
3
3

Wood Drying Question
I was asked to make a jewelry box out of the wood from our land a few weeks ago. I split some oak and let it dry as much as possible in the small frame of time. Tonight, I planed and squared the...
11
11

Painting Question
I'm painting a kitchen and the previous painter left a think yellow line of paint around the cabinets. I tried a paint scraper (no use) and a razor scraper (took off a little of the dark brown finish...
3
3

My Japanese spoon plane
Wouldn't clear the shavings from the throat no matter what I did. I haven't modified the throat and I didn't want to do that. I had the iron and the wedge out of the plane and for some reason, I don't...

Home bar photos
Just thought I would share these. about 1/2 done Pictures of this and other projects at any coments appreciated. would like links to you wood working projects. Howard Boehm's Woodworking Projects
6
6

The Woodworker's Upholstery
How many people do their own upholstery? For me, the chair frame is the easy part. Yesterday I spent six hours upholstering the seat of an easy chair that I designed, prototyped and built in less than...
7
7

Problems Cutting Hardwood Plywood
I'm trying to cut some 3/4" oak plywood for use in a bookshelf project I'm currently working on. I've cut this type of plywood using this very saw before and haven't have any problems at all. However,...
10
10

AKEDA dovetail jig - answers to some questions raised
In an earlier thread about the AKEDA dovetail jig close out deal WoodCraft was (/is?) having, I included a link to some stuff I put together about the jig and why I was really impressed with it. That...
19
19

O/T: Brooklyn Tony
**Brooklyn Tony** The teacher asks her class, 'If there are 5 birds sitting on a fence and you shoot one of them, how many will be left?' She calls on Brooklyn Tony. He replies, 'None, they will all...
2
2

OT: Interesting
I found this interesting and thought I'd post it here since the group is geographically diverse and known to offer varying insights. If anybody has some thoughts, I'd love to hear them:
21
21

WoodStore.net Furniture Plans
I am considering ordering several plans for Arts and Crafts furniture from the The photos on their website make the the furniture look very nice. If you have seen or used their plans I would really...

Ammo and powder storage
Just floating a post for opinions on how you folks store your powder and ammo (primers to be kept elsewhere). Personally, I've been keeping mine in a WW II footlocker and its'just not enough. A full...
8
8

Delta vs Steel City Table Saw
Hello, I have asked a few questions on here before and have been impressed with the wealth of knowledge you all have. I am currently in the market for a new table saw (my first actually) and have been...
66
66

Scrol lsaw Help?
I have a friend that is having difficulty making straight cuts in oak with his scroll saw. He is looking for reading material, tips or suggestions. Thanks, Jerry
9
9

Glue joint router bit for thick stock
I have 2" thick stock (4-5" wide pine planks) to edge glue. I'm considering a butt joint or a glue joint. I've searched for glue-joint router bits, but the maximum cutter height found was 1.5" which...
8
8