Subject Author Posted Replies

What gives with Makita and Hitachi routers?
Actually, when Makita and Hitachi were introduced to us contractors back around 1980, they were the Festool of the day. I had a Hitachi hammerdrill that worked well for about 20 years and was used...
16
16

Using your belt backwards.
There I was standing at the belt sander, wondering when I would need a new belt, when I got to thinking. What if I used the belt the opposite way to the arrows? The bits of sand or abrasion would be...
8
8

OT: Crazy Ol' Walnuts McCain
This lobbyist that McCain was boning was WAY OUT OF HIS LEAGUE. She had to be playing him for favors. Or she was drunk. Either way, she's more dedicated than I would ever be.... ON Topic: I just got a...
4
4

Festool
Swingman had to sit through my presentation of my Domino. I don't think he had to cringe too much. :~) It was pay back, he showed me his Multrouter first. LOL
61
61

OT: The pay ...
... of ALL congressman and school superintendents in the country should be suspended until EVERY school bus is equipped with seat belts.
30
30

OT: Re: WE are losing it. WOOPS
WOOPS...
22
22

WE are losing it. (2023 Update)
I am not going to disagree with any thing you have said here but would like to point out that the word "swear" has several meanings. Some of those meanings are positive and some are negative. The...
192
192

replace sill plate in basement
Darn termites! I need to replace 40' of sill plate from the 7' basement of a two- story house. Replacing it from the outside is out of the question because of brick veneer and a solid-pour concrete...
15
15

Stanley T31 brad nailer, broken any ideas?
All, I am looking for some parts or advice on how to fix a barely used Stanley T31 Brad Nailer. It was my late fathers so I guess there is some attachment on my part to his tools that i remember him...
4
4

Beaver Tools
(noooo, my company is NOT going to go into the bikini-wax business....) In my quest to find better pricing, I Googled myself onto these people: have had dealings with them? Recently? They look like my...
6
6

110 or 220?
I am picking up a Table Saw and it comes prewired for 110, but have been told it can be switched over to 220. Right now I do not have a 220 line in the Garage, but am thinking of having an electrician...
35
35

Feather board plan
Has some possibilities. Probably needs a second washer on the other side of the sliding featherboard portion. need to go to page two to see the plans....

OT: Lunar Eclipse February 20, 2008
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEmono/TLE2008Feb21/TLE2008Feb21.html
13
13

Kohler, Blanco, Franke CAD drawings of sinks.
You may have to do a little snooping around, but most sinks are now available. Even in 3D, like this one which I downloaded for a customer. (Kohler)
5
5

sliding miter saw suggestions
hello, my beloved 12" makita slider was just stolen and i'm coing to replace it with a 10 inch to improve the accuracy of my cuts. With a twelve inch blade the cut of bannister parts would sometimes...
6
6