Subject Author Posted Replies

ON TOPIC: goatees
True, but...I'm trying to recall when I grew mine. Either '64 or '65. I've been without maybe three times since, usually long enough to take a good look in the mirror and realize I need to cover as...
20
20

Ridgid table saw motor wiring
No-one is forcin ya to stay. AAMOF, it might be best for all concerned if you amble on over to the so-called "moderated" forums where they'll pour a nice hot bath for you, rub your shoulders and say...
9
9

NEW Woodworking web site
Fair enough, ad I said I will cut back on the adds and start to add pictures of my projects. I have also tried to input as many free plan links as I could find quality plans. As I build the site, I...
13
13

OT: Wonder how much ...
Dunno about the Park Service, but I do know that 50 years ago, Marine Corps infantry training included that information.
25
25

Table saw wired for 220 but using a standard 3 prong plug
I'll take your word for it as it is indeed beyond me and you seem to have the credentials to back up the explanation. BUT while it seems like it would be a once in a blue moon condition that may lend...
26
26

Hand tool/bench questions
I'm about finally ready to build a real workbench and explore the slippery slope of hand tools. I've got a couple of Japanese saws, a half-dozen old and new (Veritas) planes, and am set up to keep...
4
4

OT: !!! Some of the best pictures for you propellor heads.
site takes a while to load because it is BIG. But there are some insane photos in there. One is a 'sneak' during a show in SF, which just gives me the fuzzies....
1
1

Need lathe video for curous 3 1/2 year old
Jeepers. My 3 1/2 year old is curious as to how the post at the foot of our stairs was turned. I tried looking for videos online and got a ton of basically everything else. Anyone know of a place I...
3
3

ros review
Some time back, I solicited opinions on random orbit sanders as mine was dying. At the time, I was in a huge time crunch and unable to wait for delivery of the bosch, festool, fein, whatever that I...
3
3

Cleaning belt sander belts.
Hi all, I made the mistake of sanding a painted surface with my old 6x48 belt sander. Now, of course, the belt is clogged with paint. I got most of it out, but there is still enough to make it...
22
22

vacuum pump, need help
The only thing that Lucas makes that doesn't suck.
15
15

Burnishing Your Cabinet Scraper
I've used the shaft of a screwdriver (without nickel plating) a hardened dowel pin a ~3mm carbide rod a ~15mm carbide cylinder The smaller diameter burnishers work well with less pressure, but the...
20
20

loll
http://lavoudon.fr/crbst_49.html

As long as we're talkin' chairs, grain orientation question.
Okay, Jeff, you also stole my spot as being the first chair related post of the day. Anyway, here's my question; I am making a set of chairs from some mildly figured 8/4 curly cherry. The leg blanks...
6
6

Chair Pictures
Eliot said, "Good poets borrow, great poets steal" or something like that. I stole this design from Hans Wegner and defaced it to suit my American sensibilities. The front legs are attached with a...
8
8