Subject Author Posted Replies

using buffing wheel to sharpen planes and chisels
I've been reading about using buffing wheels as the final step in honing/polishing a plane or chisel and there is always discussion about "rounding off the bevel" and it's implied that this is bad....
10
10

Self Closing Drawer Slides Question
I am going to be constructing a set of bottoms & Tops Kitchen Cabinets for my daughter. She said she seen the "self closing drawer slides" that you don't have to push in at all. Are these the accuride...
12
12

Template Routing Web Page
Sun, Feb 24, 2008, 9:25pm @. (Garage_Woodworks) doth queryeth: Comments/suggestions for improving the content? Never tried MDF, I use 1/2" plywood. I 'have' found out I prefer two pieces glued...
13
13

De barking?
Trying to separate the bark from some gumtree branches. They are too small to use draw knife. Too numerous to do by hand with sharp knife. I am soaking some as a test but was wondering if anyone could...

Yueng Chan's Hammer
Some time ago I read an article on how to make a hammer like the one used by Yueng Chan. It is a small wooden hammer with a brass face. I have searched my stacks of magazines and used the online index...
3
3

Skil Saw
One of the fellas at work brought in a strange piece. It is a Skil Saw Model J. The largest blade you could put on this saw would be 5". The shoe is about 2 1/2" wide. There is no blade guard. It does...

cabinet design /kitchen layout
Looking for a reasonably priced short learning curve software. Past retirement and have built some cabinets as I go, but I am a terrible artist trying to lay them out freehand. Any thoughts? Sketchup...
27
27

STYLISH STORAGE BIN
I'd definitely use different colors. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

TISSUE BOX COVER
I'd say paint it, give to a kid, and let 'em decorrate as desired. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except...

TRUG
Looks like plenty of info to make one. If you want to. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

INSPIRATION - 6 Board Chest For Bocce Balls
No comment. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

NESTED BOXES
Nesting boxes never made a whole lot of sense to me. Boxes are made to ut stuff in them. And once you put something in one of them, you can't store another box in it. So why make them nesting boxes in...

ORIENTAL BOX OF DRAWERS
Think I've posted this before. Don't know what I was looking for when I ran across it this time. Possibly info on a British sports car. You've just gonna love google. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists...
2
2

Lignum vitae
Bowl blanks are often dipped in wax.
5
5

Is this a hand plane? Any info?
Hi there! I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems...
7
7