Subject Author Posted Replies

I believe this may qualify as a "You Suck!"
Here goes. I went to an estate sale in Wonder Lake that was advertising Festool, Porter-Cable, Delta, etc. among the other goodies. It was a one-day sale and I hit it early afternoon hoping to find a...
9
9

Help Me Find A Hinge
I have a client who wants a couple custom baby/dog gates in their home. One of them is at the bottom of a walled staircase and the gate will have to swing around 270° to the other side of the wall....
21
21

what is the state of the art in wood products
in the other thread about the teak table i wonder how much teak is left in the world i have to guess that teak is a slow growing species so probably not much so what is the state of the art in wood...
24
24

Discoloration on surface of new teak table
Hi, I bought a new teak outdoor table and left it outside (under cover but stil l exposed to sun and wind and a little rain). The wife put a piece of cloth in the middle of the table with some...
10
10

HF Coupon Availability?
Debating driving up to the new(ish) HF but since is 1-hr+ each way... Posted the question earlier but was buried in bowels of a followup to the HD warranty fiasco so will try straight out -- Since I...
25
25

workbench position
always had my bench against a wall but lot of videos show the bench away from walls so both sides are accessible just seemed like having against a wall made the best use of floor space but i was wrong...
4
4

My Email To Home Depot Regarding The Husky Hand Tool Replacment Process
I just sent this email to Home Depot Customer Care. I share it with the members of this fine group just in case you have a Husky hand tool that needs to be replaced someday. As you will soon see, the...
24
24

Thank Goodness Jorgenson/Pony has been bought
I have made several comments about the likes and dislikes of my CabinetMaster, Jet, and Bessey Revo clamps. I remain sold on the CabinetMasters and thank goodness they will be in production again one...
2
2

Anyone have a price & quality opinion on this jointer....
Lot 3 - I'm also watching Lot 6 for a friend. Sonny IRS Auctions - Lot Listing
23
23

workbench wheels
after a lot of fuss well not that much really i decided not to have wheels on the work bench i like a bench that stays put and the wheels that get out of the way added too much bulk under the bench...
4
4

cad for shop layout
there is a program called librecad that made it easy for me to enter the shop equipment footprints and to rearrange the layout every time i try one of these programs the dreaded learning curve makes...
6
6

Re: Canadian Tire Planer
FWIW Canadian Tire sells tools. Backed up by reliable research and impactful statistics, Godstein Market Intelligence (GMI) consult clients to grow at a fast pace despite unsettling fluctuations in...
12
12

workbench height
currently mine is at 35 inches but i am think of lowering it one guy recommended the height of horizontal palms where your arms are straight down that seems too low to me
31
31

live work truck
that fold down deck is one of a kind like the shot fishing right off the deck https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/d/rare-1969-chevy-open-road/6334749172.html
5
5

Advice Wanted On This Trim Project
I need to replace the white board above this garage door. The 2x12 is rotted out pretty bad. It will just fall out when poked with a screwdriver or putty knife, so I'm going to replace with a new,...
77
77