Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: mostly off topic, but woodworking relevant
They're called eddy fields. Because energy is created, energy elsewhere has to be reduced (speed).
13
13

Ten buck Harbor Freight "pencil grinder" vs Dremel, no competition
Lost the keys to the garage in the snow last night, there have been some thefts in the area so didn't want to leave it unlocked overnight, figured getting a locksmith to come out at 8 PM on a Saturday...
7
7

Invitation to a Open Shop
Hello everyone, We will be hosting an open house on Saturday April 5th, from 1 - 5pm to celebrate the completion of my new shop in Seattle. are welcome - please RSVP for the address if you plan on...
15
15

Cutting patterns on the tails of raffters or perlins
I have a job to build a Pergola and have to cut the tails of the rafters in a decorative pattern. I am thinking of using my router with a pattern cutting bit and a template , should I cut the bulk...
13
13

rust removal revisited - miter slots?
Yeah, I was hoping for a low-labor solution, but I'll grab the brushes and go for it.. A few years ago my wife wanted a set of brass/aluminum/steel brushes from Harbor Freight so I got a box of 'em.....
14
14

Bookcases using glue and nails.
I know almost nothing about woodworking. I recently have decided that I need a few bookcases, I've looked around but everythink that I find new and cheap is particle board and sags. I love how they...
14
14

How To Glue Up Table or Benchtop
Assuming I've jointed several 1 x 4s prior to gluing them up, what's the best way to proceed? Should I glue them up all at once, or one at time? I was also thinking of doing it in a binary fashion -...
11
11

Plasma TV Stand
Finally finished, thanks for all the help from everyone. really happy how it turned out. Top drawer fronts are on sliding door pocket hardware. Now get to pick out the 50" plasma screen! pics on ABPW
9
9

Routers - reverse rotation?
Are there commercially available hand-held routers that run backwards from the normal direction? Or, does anyone know of a site that explains how to reverse the running direction of an existing router...
12
12

HOW TO MAKE LOUVERED DOORS & WINDOW SHUTTERS
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

5 ROUTER JIGS
Sat, Mar 1, 2008, 5:05pm (John) doth sayeth: I definitely agree on the make vs buy on many things - push sticks and featherboards should be required beginner projects ;-) Totally agree. Even if my...
4
4

PLUNGE ROUTER MORTISING JIG - PDF
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

ROUTER DADO JIG
Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
7
7

anyone else hate mdf?
i know that with central heating we need to work with inert wood very often but i really dont like mdf - toxic and nasty! what do you use? The home of Swedish Mora Clocks UK USA, Biedermeier &...
11
11

second of two router questions.
Hello All, Okay, number two; Let's sayI want to rout a 1/4 groove in the edge of a leg or frame for doing frame and panel construction. I have already cut mortises with a hollow chisel mortiser and I...
7
7