Subject Author Posted Replies

Gel Stain question
I am in the middle of a project using a gel stain for the first time. stuff is seriously thick and I am having good success but I have found one very annoying thing about the product. This stuff seems...
14
14

FS: Powermatic Model 26 Shaper - Chicago Only
I have a Powermatic Model 26 Shaper that I bought several years ago but never used. It was used and running went I bought it but I never hooked it up in my shop. It is still sitting on the pallet that...

FS: Delta/Rockwell 46-525 Lathe - Chicago Only - Model 26 Shaper.jpg (0/1)
I have several woodworking tools for sale in the Chicago Area. This is an older, but rarely used 46-525 Delta/Rockwell lathe. It is 36" between centers, 12" turning diameter, outboard face plate, 8...
4
4

Organizing work in progress question
Here is a set of drawer sides for the Lee Valley tool chest you look closely you will see that _one_ is missing. It was not missing last night. I am certain that it is sitting in the shop somewhere...
7
7

Do you want the science article you may follow the following the link.
Do you want the science article you may follow the following the link. Do you want something about science?if yes you may follow the following is really intresting and useful.

AKEDA DC16 w Dust Collector Kit $289 st WoodCraft
A guy over in WoodCentral posted this on the 3rd. Good deal for an AKEDA DC 16 - including the the Dust Collector Kit "I walked into woodcraft this weekend, and they are closing them out for $289.00,...

Re: Any ideas how this was made?
1. End of wood is placed in boiling water for a period of time till the wood is "soft" 2. Wood is compressed in clamp/vise and allowed to dry in compressed state. 3. wood is put thru hole in golf...

Any Idea how this was made?
The classic method (already posted) is to steam the arrow, squish the head down as narrow as possible and push it through the golf ball. Though there is a lot of possibility of other subterfuge, such...
9
9

A Carving Master
Stumbled upon this website while surfing FWW-online. Simply jaw dropping... David Esterly
6
6

Re: Handyman Club of America comes to Canada
Mmmmmmm... time to buy a couple of BRIDAL magazines and circling ALL the little 'get-back-to-me/send more info' numbers and putting down YOUR address.... All I have to do is wait till the mailman...
4
4

OT but sort of woodworking related - I need to ship something I built
Hello, I built two cricket tables for a friend as a wedding gift. My plan was to ship them from NE Mass to Southern Cal. The boxes are about a 30" cube. Well it seems I should have listened to my wife...
18
18

ping swingman
Thanks for the Vista newsgroups help. I was able to do exactly what you suggested and get into the news groups that way.. Thanks RICH AKA shopdog
1
1

Pancake compressor (Porter Cable) + HVLP/LVLP?
I did some searching and came up with a little bit of info on the subject, but would like some more insight if you guys have it. As I have been getting into woodworking, the one thing sticking out for...
5
5

Looking for John
Does JohnMu post here?
3
3

MDF
Anyone know of stores that carry MDF in colors? I've seen them in pics but can't find any locally. I'm in Indiana near Kentucky & Illinois. Thanks for any help.
4
4