Subject Author Posted Replies

A rub glue joint with a LV BU jack plane
I was working some tiger maple that my 607 Bedrock wouldn't work because it was lifting the grain and tearing out. I put the 50 degree iron in my LV BU Jack Plane and was able to achieve a rub fit...
2
2

What type of wood
Please double check your numbers, if I understand what you are making. You said 30" tall, making it taller than its own base. This thing will fall over at the drop of a hat. Most of these I've seen...
9
9

Homemade Honing Guide
Has anyone made a honing guide for sharping chisels, using a wheel setup that keeps that angle over the stone? Thanks, S.
1
1

American Beech, to buy or not to buy.
Thanks to both of you That's exactly what I needed to know (hoped to hear :-) ). Perhaps a cinder bock or two on the pile it warranted while continues to dry Cheers, Steve That's my experience as...
15
15

Trim inspiration (2nd attempt to post)
Greetings All, We are in the final (finally!!!) stages of our everlasting remodel/addition and the time has come to start the trim work. Although my creativity in this kind of thing is pretty limited,...

Slightly OT: Zinsser 1-2-3 primer
I am getting ready to do some painting in the house. I was in the HD last night and saw the Zinsser 1-2-3 primer, regularly $17/gal for $4/gal. The quarts and 5 gal sizes were not on sale, so it...
7
7

Oak Logs - Near Sacramento CA
I have a friend who took down a large oak tree in his back yard recently. The small branches have been disposed of, and most of the branches & stuff have been cut into firewood, but there are three...
1
1

HoverPad anyone?
Well, for you woodworkers with reasonably flat workshop floors, General has come out with the HoverPad. It's a mobile base for heavy machine tools based on Hovercraft technology. I was at the Toronto...
33
33

Porter Cable Dovetail Jig
Seems to be a problem with the jig. This was discussed at some length several weeks ago. IIRC the problem was that the bits supplied with the jig were incorrectly made or were the wrong size to begin...
5
5

Home Bar Photos Updated - Airbrush Question
The home bar is progressing. As soon as the granite goes in I should be ready to Spray the unit. I want to do some toning and Highlighting and thoughtI would use a Air Brush. Any sugestions on a good...
3
3

Stanley No 5 jack plane
Going to have to deal with greater adhesion if he polishes the sole, unless he waxes it. With used going for less than new hereabout, I'm trying to equip the extended family with the common bench...
8
8

Jet Jointer
I'm considering a new Jet JJ-6CS jointer. The machine looks like a real value. I'm a little concerned, though, that the knives seem to be proprietary. I can't find one other manufacturer (Frued, for...
7
7

Wild Blue and satellite: not a happy customer
I have a similar problem at times Charlie, where did you get your satellite alignment kit? I installed 3 satellite systems when I was with Dish Network but like you I am now with DirecTV. DishNetwork...
30
30

Kitchen Project - team effort
"Leon" wrote How much ... bottle of "Texas Red" and a box of BlueBell "Sugar Free" popsicles for steeping? You're on! ;)
33
33

Lathe Gouge Sharpening
It seems that Norm's gouges are essentially flat across the end as opposed to rounded which seems to be the way new gouges are supplied. I'm curious as to which shape is best for what type of turning.
3
3