Subject Author Posted Replies

Finishing hard maple
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that before. Great info.
14
14

SCMS for rabbets....
Hi all.... I have been looking around for SCMS for a while now, and I saw one made by Kobalt at lowes today, I didn't get a chance to look it over really well, but I thought I would ask if anyone has...
4
4

Bookshelf, wood choice?
I just finished 2 bookcases for my church each one is 6' tall and the shelves are 46'' wide. I used red oak and butted the edges up and glued them with Gorilla Glue to get my width 12''. Books weigh...
10
10

spam here
I use Supernews, even though I have news access with Shaw, my ISP at home.
18
18

Wood Banister HELP!
Hello all. The subcontractor was a bit sloopy on his craftsmanship when finishing off these banisters. Can you please advise on the best way to clean these up. The color is one issue, but they didnt...
6
6

simple questions
First,my hardwood supplier offers two types of red oak ply, plain slice and rotary cut both graded slice costs a bit more. I want to use it for a dining room table top. Which would be better? I plan...
8
8

OT Walpaper
We have a room with some old wallpaper in very good condition that we would like keep but would like to clean it. At one time there was a play-doh type of cleaner for wallpaper. Is that still...

want to improve your business with new and innovative idea.
want to improve your business with new and innovative idea. here is the place to know such is the link below........ Access Google Sites with a free Google account (for personal use) or Google...

Oak finishing question
Greetings All, Excuse me for interupting the current spate of useless spam with an actual wwing query. I plan on installing oak casings and would like to have the finish as smooth as is possible. I've...
9
9

Sharpening planer blades--help
I'm looking for a way to resharpen my planer blades, and other flat tools, (and drill bits). Once upon a time, a stone water wheel (electrically powered)was available, but I don't see many around any...
7
7

Re: I'd hit this!
Why have you never answered me about being a nazi? Are you in fact a nazi? What you are describing above sounds much like a Nazi idea for people you consider inferior. Jade
29
29

Woodworkers Showcase Saratoga Springs NY
OK, It's an unabashed plug... I'm on the planning committee! ;~) Northeastern Woodworkers Association's 17th Annual Fine Woodworking Show SHOWCASE April 5th & 6th, 2008 Saratoga Springs City Center...
6
6

Drywall ceiling
The proper way is to take down the plaster and lathe and then attach the drywall to the ceiling joists directly.
31
31

ryobi reciprocating saw- blade falls out and gets stuck in wood
Hi, I just bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw- when I use it sometimes the blade comes off the unit and gets stuck in the wood. Why does this happen? Thanks KOS
12
12

Antique bed rail extension
I'm looking for advice/guidance. I apologize in advance for the length of this post. Here's the situation. I've got an antique bed made of oak that is wide enough for a full mattress, but not long...
6
6