Subject Author Posted Replies

Slightly off topic, but...
My question is about rats. I have a shop that has been invaded by rats and I am currently without a cat that catches mice and rats. My old cat kept them at bay, but the new one just likes to watch...
30
30

Do you know about Dell Photo 946 Portable Printer?
Do you know about Dell Photo 946 Portable Printer? Dell reveals its Dell Photo All-in-One 946 Printer lately which is adaptable sufficient to plea to a larger demographic. Be it students,...

What is it? CCXXV
1258 is a rather ordinary magnetic tack hammer. (Or, at least, thats what it looks like.)
16
16

Plunge Router
Anyone have a plunge router (inexpensive or cheap) for sale? Thanks! Dean
1
1

O/T: Bubba's new truck
One day, Jimmy Jones was walking down Main Street when he saw his buddy Bubba driving a brand new pickup. Bubba pulled up to him with a wide grin. ' Bubba, where'd you git that truck?!?' ' Tammie give...
1
1

4Sale: Craftsman Variable-Speed Lathe
Craftsman Variable-Speed Lathe The lathe featured in this column is a Craftsman 15-inch variable-speed model. This heavy-duty model has a single-piece cast-iron base, and cast-iron headstock and...

sawstop contractor saw at FWW website
Some of you have probably seen this already, but for the others there's a video of the new saw in action (complete with attempted "hot dog-icide ") at: 's a more complete review at: is a bit steep...
1
1

What kind of saw would you use?
My parents recently bought a new electric range for their condo, which is 30" wide. Unfortunately, the old range was a drop-in, so the gap between the cabinets is only about 29" wide. So, to make the...
13
13

replacing bearings on JTS-12 table saw
Hi I in the process of replacing the bearings on an old Jet table saw and could benefit from some advice from anybody that has tackled this job. I have the pulley off and will soon have time to remove...
2
2

white dust in the grain from final finish sanding
I guess I don't get the desired end result. You smooth with lubircated steel wool, and he sands it with something as coarse as 500 grit you have smoothed with steel wool? I don't get it. Walnut? Black...
5
5

Best way to join two 50X100 (2 by 4) planks?
Hi folks. Firstly - my woodworking skills are a bare minimum (Never had much need) however, I am technically competent (He says :) That said - I am looking for advice. I am building a pergola which...
11
11

OT: Sorry, got something in my eye
Anglo-Saxons and English the same? Maybe 900 or 1,000 years ago. Not since. I've met some courageous pacifists, though, in fact, damned few. Draft dodgers? The draft has been gone for a bit...but if...
13
13

Biscuit Joiner issue
My DeWalt does the same if not connected to the ShopVac. I purchased a Craftsman "Auto Switch" for $20 at Sears, and a Porter Cable vacuum hose. The vacuum starts and stops with the tool. The hose...
13
13

Advice Please: Big Sanding Job
Cut new MDF or particle board side panels and save yourself a lot of work
11
11

Skil may have something worth taking a second look at.
Betcha the Domino has an auto lockdown feature on it when it gets by Chinese tools.... Robert
31
31