Subject Author Posted Replies

Latex Paint - Tacky/Sticky finish days after painting - Solutions?
I painted a birch plywood desk work surface with latex CIL SMART3 WASH & WEAR Kitchen & Bath paint (at the suggestion of the HD paint guy) as he said it would give a durable washable finish. The...
46
46

OT - FS, Book
Thought I'd give you guys first crack at this. I'd been searching for a copy of the book "SINGLE SHOT ACTIONS Their Design And Construction", by Frank & Mark deHaas, father and son. The book has long...
6
6

A story about donkey
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be...
8
8

Nice Machine
Delta 14-650 Mortising Machine. New chuck & Key w/ new 3/8 chisel and bit. Nice machine, runs very good. $100.00
6
6

drawer slide
Looking for a drawer slide that allows you to slide out the drawer but after it's extended it pulls out further and elevates. It does not have to have a high capacity as I need to place just a...
2
2

Delrin UV stabilization, does it matter?
Looking at plastics like UHMW and delrin... wondering how important is "UV stabilization" for outdoor use? How long does it take for ultraviolet light to damage the plastic? Months? If it really...
10
10

Wood Glue Specials
Hi, this is Vando Garcia with Please go to to order for our Wood Glue products. They are perfect for all wood working applications. Thank you for your time!

Taming my Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw
I have a 10" Delta table saw that has a motor about to die. Recently built a slide table for it that is very precise and smooth. It will crosscut to 25". In the meantime, I bought a 10" Craftsman...
30
30

wood knife handles
HI , I've just cut some handles for a knife, but now I need to 'finish' the wood. I'm a real newbie to woodworking. Can anyone tell me the best way to finish the wood? cheers DW
12
12

winder
Does anyone have or know where to get plans to make a yarn ball winder. My wife is into knittingand I would like to try to make one if I can. I have plans for a yarn swift already.
1
1

Unisaw question
Greetings All, I just finished installing an outfeed table on my Uni and have a question. In the process of installing, the motor cover comes off for access. After I pulled it off, I looked inside at...
2
2

Plantation shutter louvers
Ok, so I've ready many articles on how to DIY some plantation shutters. I even bought New Yankee Workshop's Project 0602 on making them. The part that I can't get around is how to create many ellipsed...
6
6

Made some baseboard, what do you think? (w/pic's)
Hello everyone, You might recall me asking about historic trim a while back. I found a great book at Lee Valley that is a reprint of a 1920's mail order house catalogue. It has many trim samples in...
4
4

Cherry Tray
I finally got around to posting photos to ABPW of the splayed cherry tray I made with hand-cut dovetails. Some months back I had posted some in-process photos where the bottom was being fit to the...
2
2

common lumber sizes?
Can anyone point me to a website that would have a list of common lumber sizes? I'm thinking about making a basic woodworking bench and I'd like to compare common lumber sizes to various plans. Being...
9
9