Subject Author Posted Replies

My ebony doesn't look like ebony...
Greetings All, I have some Ebony that I want to use to replicate the look of pegged joinery. I have sanded and polished through the ranges of sandpaper upto 600. The ebony still has a brownish tint to...
10
10

Reciprocating Saws and.... Barbecue
I was watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Channel. It showcases unique local eateries and is hosted by Guy Fien. were showing a place that was preparing pork to be barbecued. The guy...
4
4

What size tire do I need for my band saw...
I would like to buy one of these non rubber tires for my older band saw. The tire has a diameter of 13 3/4 inch. Do I buy a 12" and then will it stretch? Please give me some advise on this.
5
5

Bandsaw tensioning
I saw a video and article about the inexpensive tension gauge for the bandsaw from John White in Fine Woodworking. I thought it was a great idea, but since I have a number of dial and digital...
11
11

Astounding Dovetails
I posted an amazing new tool for creating astounding dovetails to ABPW.

H. Disston & Sons
I have come into possession of a H. Disston & Sons ripsaw made somewhere between 1896 and 1917 based upon the medallion. It isn't worth a fortune or anything from what research I've done, but I like...
14
14

Woodworker's Showcase Saratoga Springs, NY
Reminder! With an endorsement from Chris Schwarz's blog today: few years ago, I attended the Woodworkers Showcase show in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., and I was amazed. It was the most perfect woodworking...
7
7

Long term review of Boeshield T-9 and a question
Hi guys... It was two years or so ago I packed my tools for a move from Florida to Tennessee. My plans were to move to temporary quarters while I sold my Fl real estate and then to build a home and a...
17
17

I Found My Yardstick Suspenders
I finally found some of those cool yardstick measuring tape suspenders. If you have been looking and having trouble like me, try looking on woodweb classifieds. Like the ad says...they do measure...
2
2

Plywood box/drawer joint ideas
I'm just finishing up a false floor in my van - 8" high - makes space for conduit, ground rods, shovels etc, and frees floor space for wire, and supply boxes. At the side door, I have space for 3...
7
7

AD: eBay Mother of Pearl and Green Snail Shell Inlay
Thanks for looking: http://tinyurl.com/ywew4chttp://tinyurl.com/yvru5yTaka

Anyone used this?
I'm looking at a LV spokeshave. Anyone have any experience with this one? appreciated Old Guy 404 - Lee Valley Tools Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools
4
4

Checkered paint.
How about those guys at Benjamin Moore. The paint applies by brush, and the size of the brush determines the size of the checkers. Nano engineering at its finest. The only drawback so far is that it...
16
16

Woodworking Question
I need to glue two materials together but can not use standard woodworker's glue or any type of surface preparation. We have Vinyl/wood composite extrusion that needs to be "welded" to a Titanium/Teak...
8
8

Hitachi announces new joining system
Asian News Service Press Release, April 01, 2008 Hitachi announces new Joinery system- makes the competition fall like dominos Joining has always been a slow, difficult process. Never again, thanks to...
5
5