Subject Author Posted Replies

What type of finish for handles on my stanley plane?
Any advice for my latest project? I'm cleaning up an old Stanley bench plane from the 50's. It has sentimental value though not $ value. I've cleaned up the metal work and squared and sharpened the...
3
3

Croc bags tree poacher
That's one way to stop them cutting trees illegally.... justice: Croc kills alleged illegal logger Report out of Myanmar says detainee was knocked out of boat, eaten YANGON, Myanmar - A crocodile...

Tung Oil Base with UV Inhibitor's?
Hiya Folks, I'm trying to preserve the orange color of paduak. I'm using Waterlox for other parts of the same project so would like to possibly stay oil based with the paduak. Is there a recommended...

Ping Nailshooter, Re: channel lock drill
Son not ready for the fence job, so postponed, no report. Next slot is probably mid to late May. Tried to email but bounced, maybe a correct in there I couldn't see. Frank
2
2

recommendation on Grizzly Jointer
I am looking to replace a 6" jointer at a middle school. Can anyone give me pros or cons on: G0490 8" Jointer $1075 vs. G0593 8" Jointer $1095 I either spend my budget or loose it!
2
2

looking large faceplates for bowl turning!
can you help me?
2
2

5/8" plywood vs 3/4" plywood
I'm going to build some cabinets for my shop. They are approx. 84" tall by 22" wide by 24" deep. The top, bottom and center shelves will be fixed (butt joints). I'm thinking about using a Kreg jig for...
17
17

O/T: The Love story of Ralph and Edna
Enjoy Lew +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. Ralph and...

sharpening center advise
Greetings! I am looking at getting a sharpening set up as dull tools are way too plentiful here. I have compared water / oil stone sets and am now wondering about sharpening centers (ie: motor driven...
5
5

Abernathy Bench Vise
I got a free workbench that has been well many years ago. It had an Abernathy Bench Vise and a tail vise using a single bench screw. The bench screw is fine, but the Abernathy vise appears to be...

looking for large faceplates
Hi, I am making large bowl turning machine. need a large threaded faceplate! can anyone help me?

Re: Is there anything that can be done to eliminate the idiots that post
head on over to alt.woodworking, Vito's on the job and will protect you from spammers - and any post which he feels might be offensive in any way shape or form to anyone
6
6

Where to find good but inexpensively priced safety glasses
Beedo Safety distributes a wide assortment of styles and lens colors of high impact ANSI Z87+ safety eyewear from Armor Optics with zero distortion lenses. The reason that some safety glasses have...

ridgid planer
Bought the new planer and so far I am very impressed with it. dust collection not real great but I use a shop vac for the collection. A little snipe but I'm working on that. Planed a piece of oak down...

Craftsman Radial arm saw cost?
I am drooling over a craftman radial arm saw at the pawn shop down the street. I would guess it has a 3 or 4 foot table, maybe larger, with 6 or 8 drawers underneath. They want 200 but I suspect 125...
6
6