Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: (sorta) Handyman special
Sort of OT, but not really. Check this out. Need a kitchen, walls, floor. At only $169,900, the west-end Toronto house is one of the cheapest detached homes available in the city.
1
1

Craigslist Sue by Ebay
I heard today that Ebay is suing craigslist. I for one benefitted immensely from craigslist. When we moved from the Midwest to SF, I sold all my woodworking machines, cars and other household items on...
32
32

Flower Stand Tycoon
Your Uncle Potts has fallen on hard times. His flower business is about to go under and he needs your savvy business sense to save the bulbs. Help your uncle by selling his flowers throughout the city...

Help with bench grinder
I am stuck and need some guidance or directions. I have an 8" bench grinder and I need to change the grinding wheel. I have had no success in getting the nut off the shaft in order to remove the old...
10
10

Vaneer plywood
Hello, I am making a bookcase for a class and the buildup calls for 2 sided veneer ply, but all I can find in the species I'm using is B1. Will that be good enough? Or should I go with a contrasting...
10
10

O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under our nose?
Renata wrote in news: You might want to check your numbers. $30 billion is 75% (OK 3/4) of $72 billion? Try again. We live in a ' Capitalist Society'. Making a profit is what all of us that wish to...
104
104

Review - Saw-Jaw Blade Holding Tool - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi folks, I grabbed a Saw-Jaw recently (not a new product - been out for a while) but found it so handy I thought I might write a mini-review of it. You can read the review here - it helps!
1
1

I found a letter from my Grandfather to my Mother
Robatoy wrote in news: Nobody gave the Jews a homeland. They fought for it. The UN (Hooray) voted for them to have one, but did nothing to assist them. There is no such thing as 'Native Americans'....
20
20

Tormek Clones
There have been many discussions on sharpeners and up until lately the Tormek was considered one of the best. Probably still one of the best but will we see it disappear? Jet has a clone at a...
4
4

O/T: Earth Day
Well, you could always say: "Hey...we could be the first in the neighborhood". Sw
25
25

Are my calculations right? Board feet
THICK $1750.00 EACH SLAB 13FT 6 IN. LONG NARROWIST POINT IS 29 INCHES MIDDLE SECTION 32 INCHES ACROSS THE CROTCH SECTION IS 48 INCHES QUANTITY OF (7) SEVEN AVAILABLE that works out to 16 dollars about...
15
15

Buy China products to thank the Chinese vendors who post here.
Buy China products to thank the Chinese vendors who post here.

How close is close enough...
Greetings all... I have been constructing a new crosscut sled, and the thought came to me, how close does this need to be to make nice joints... Instead of using a square I cut the sides off an 8"...
32
32

To Leather Hone or Not? That is the question.
I'm hoping to buy a Worksharp 3000 in the very near future and was wondering if y'all think it's worth the extra $30 to buy the glass disk and leather honing pad. I currently sharpen my chisels and...
11
11

roller base for Rikon 14" bandsaw
I just bought the 14" Rikon deluxe bandsaw. I didn't want to lift it any more times than was necessary so I went ahead and bought a Jet roller stand for it before I even put it together. Everything...
4
4