Subject Author Posted Replies

$1k Burning Hold in Wannabe Neander's Pocket
Hey all. I've been lurking in the old Wreck (see, I have the lingo) for a while now, and I need some informed advice. I have been wanting to get into fine woodworking for a long while, and now have...
14
14

tool review Makita 3010F
I bought the Makita 3010F for a specific job - Drilling through my new mudsill into the concrete block wall. This drill was definitely not designed for drilling into concrete since it is a lightweight...

What is it? Set 230
I've got plans all day tomorrow so I'll be posting the answers early in the morning. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
11
11

Lincoln Log (toy for kids)
(Pasture Timmy) Does anybody know of any detaled instructons "online" of how to make Lincoln Logs.??? A-Man.=86=86=86
22
22

Home Depot and power tools
Well, the folks we love to hate have done it again. The LOML and I went to Home Depot, and I got my errands done before she did, so I went to drool over the stationary power tools while I waited....
106
106

Titebond III corrosivity to ferrous metals?
Last week the only uncluttered table top in my shop was the top of my Powermatic 66 table saw. I glued up some panels and left some Titebond III squeeze out on the saw's polished cast iron table top....
8
8

Hand plane PodCast
Just found this website tonight. If you can get through PodCast #25 without picking up your hand plane and making shavings, than you have better will power than I!
2
2

Table Saw blades
I'm using the stock blade that came with my saw, and have been cutting plywood with it. On the cuts where I'm cutting from a large (48") section, I tended to get a lot of tearout on the veneer layer....
14
14

Have any 'wreckers seen one of these in person?
The new JDS-3100 CK? I'm considering a 3HP cyclone DC to replace my Jet DC-1100CK and trash can. The new JDS grabbed my attention for the following reasons: - 86" total height. I'm in a basement with...
5
5

Aligning hinges on box lid, or nearly anything else...
Sorry for this, but this has always mystified me. Given a small box that I can put a lid on with either a piano hinge or two smaller hinges, how on earth do I align it so that it closes perfectly? I...
21
21

OT FIRST RUN WOODWORKS
You're right! That's just the cat's meow!
103
103

I screwed up! HELP! ASAP or sooner.
I've got a good series of photos here of a shop. I want to use them in the book which is supposed to leave here Friday (yeah, well...parts have left already, parts go today, etc.). I cannot tie the...
3
3

O/T: It' Been One Of Those days
Today was a day to run errands. It was 98F when I left, so turned on the truck A/C. It didn't work. Made a mental note to stop at the shop that serviced it last fall, on the way back home. Stopped at...
12
12

How Quiet Can I Get From Boxing a Noisy Shop Vac? - Followup
I posted the above questions quite a long time ago. I got a lot of good advices. I "finally" finish making the box to enclose the noisy shop vac (from Rigid). The result is very good in term of sound...

Does anyone else choose shock this way?
I'm probably an oddball, but I'll share... Am I alone in choosing stock from my pile via the "ugly" method? First, I'll take the spectacular and/or unique boards and give them names, as book matched...
9
9