Subject Author Posted Replies

table saw injury
Just stopped to see a friend whom on Sunday took off the tip of one finger and cut his thumb from the tip to his wrist. Don't want to sound corny but lets all take a moment to think. this was easily...
6
6

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I was trying to glue a plastic sheet onto a plastic frame. The sheet didn't stick but my fingers did. I'll try the sterile glove method. I appreciate your taking...
3
3

White Cedar Garden Benches and Furniture
White Cedar Garden Benches and Furniture Rocky Top offers a full line of indoor and outdoor log furniture, along with custom and stock log railing sections. Members of the Log Homes Council. Each...

buying project wood (Philly area)
I'm a newbie hobbyist woodworker and I don't have a bandsaw, jointer, or thickness planer. I want to build some spice racks using 1/4" or 3/8" thick hardwood. Can anyone recommend a place where I can...
5
5

SketchUp Tutorial for Beginners
Hi Folks, I recently finished posting an 8 part SketchUp tutorial for beginners. Using a bedside table as the vehicle it starts with setting up SketchUp and takes the student through creating working...

O.T. Appealing to the masses
I need to scan hundreds of pictures onto a CD for distribution to my family. That is not a problem. The problem comes in labeling (tagging?) them so that when a mouse is hovered over the picture, a...
20
20

Poly application
What ways have you guys found that work best for application of poly? I've been using those expensive pads and just thinking there has to be something better/cheaper. Suggestions?
11
11

Considering making this shelf
Due to the fact I can no longer get this leaning shelf, I am considering making one since it will work perfectly with our needed application of supporting audio equipment for our TV. This shelf was...
11
11

computer drafting advice needed
I have been hand drafting for 18 years and always felt happy doing it that way.. Autocad always seemed like more than I wanted to learn..... But now with other options, maybe it is time for me.. I was...
8
8

Krazy Glue
From a clumsy old lady: is there a product that works as well as Krazy Glue without gluing my fingers together? And once I've glued my fingers together I don't have much luck unsticking with nail...
15
15

all fun and top news in 1-page
Just 1-page for 100+ sources, do not need to open any new window/tab to read, just 1-screen, all ads in page are gone, it is very convenient. Some examples: - funny video: sale deals: Sports news:

Spray Painted Surface Very Rough -- Follow-up
I posted a message about this quite a year ago. The problem was that the spray paint from cans seemed to have high pressure that bounced the paint off from the inside of a book case. Recently I had a...
1
1

OT: Sins Against Fine Machinery
Since I know we all (well most of us anyway) appreciate a fine machine, I thought I'd share some scenes of machinery abuse with you all: give generously, this disease can be cured in our lifetime....
5
5

Patented Sliding Dovetail?
I was checking out the Green Designs furniture mentioned in another thread. I really like his style, and requested a catalog from them. In the catalog is a mention of their Patented Sliding Dovetail...
8
8

Shaker footstool finishes
Does anyone know what kind of finish(es) were typically applied to original all-wood Shaker footstools? I have just completed two Hancock footstools made from plans in "Shop Drawings of Shaker...
4
4