Subject Author Posted Replies

How to choose the best cedar at the BORG
I'm building a sand box in the back yard for my son, and I've decided to go with cedar, as composite stuff is too expensive and I just discovered that my local BORG has 2"x6"x8' cedar (I believe it's...
9
9

cutting sheet goods (panels) down to size
This is the method I use to cut plywood, (etc) sheets down to size. http://tinyurl.com/5qplcvMax

Consensus on tool brands
I'm a newcomer to the group. Used to do a lot of woodworking, but for one reason and another dropped out almost twenty years ago. Now I'm trying to rebuild my shop and buying new tools is confusing. I...
22
22

looking for suggestions on a table saw
hi, i'm looking at purchasing a small/portable table saw and need something that can handle a 4x8 sheet of plywood/osb/mdf would the ryobi on wheels that home depot sells work for this or would i need...
20
20

grey shellac effect?
Yep Ed.
13
13

The Best Online Pharmacy
Pay less for domain names. Bulk pricing and private domain name registration options. Transfer domain names risk-free.

OT-Chainsaw
Well, it is a tool used to cut wood so I figured why not ask you. I have a Poulan chainsaw, had it for 7 years. Been having problems with it and do not want to spend $80 to have it looked at. Anyway,...
17
17

Workbench Apron
I'm about to start milling wood for a workbench but I have a couple of ideas holding me up. The first is that a lot of benches I see have an apron / trim around them that covers the end grain. I'm...
4
4

Porch Swing Spring Super Sale
Porch Swing Spring Super Sale Huge selection of porch swings from wood to metal and classic to adirondack. Great low prices and easy online ordering. Swings - Free Shipping Massive selection of porch...

Online Tool Sources
Recently (but I can't find it) someone posted a number of online stores who have great prices on big iron tools. Can anyone point me at the post or perhaps post their faves? TIA D'ohBoy
5
5

Provenance
Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet John Hobbs, a London antiques dealer known for superb English and Continental furniture, has been accused by his longtime restorer of selling fakes....

What is it? Set 233
A new set of pictures has been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
16
16

Fixing a 1hp Dayton TEFC motor
I picked up 3 motors this afternoon from someone who cleaned out their shed. I got a 1/6HP, a 3/4HP and a 1HP motor. The smaller ones are just your regular motor, and they fire up without a problem...
3
3

Hand in hand with a total of tiding over the difficult times
Hand in hand with a total of tiding over the difficult times

Quite A Bit OT - But Funny As Hell
I don't usually bore easily, but in the last few weeks, this newsgroup managed to do so, completely. No free plans, been making up my own, but here's the an explanation of Armageddon.. You oughta see...
1
1