Subject Author Posted Replies

LV Aluminum Bar Clamps on sale
Anyone here using these? If so, how "lighter duty" are they? Are they strong and stiff enough for assembly of properly made cabinet doors? I have LOTS of good clamps, but I'd like more for when I do...
4
4

Portable planers: How noisy?
Very noisy, I know, but please compare it to an ordinary router (Bosch 1617) . I am considerring Delta 22-580 planer. Noise dampening - techniques, how effective...?
7
7

Shortcut for refinishing external doors
We have several exterior doors where the sheen has long worn off the finish. Rather than stripping off the full layer of finish and stain, I was wondering whether I could do the following and still...
3
3

Biscuit in a dado or rabbit?
Can you put a biscuit in a dado or rabbit? Would you even want to?
30
30

I got to touch and feel it!
I went to Woodcraft today to do what y'all would expect, buy another Festool. They had the new Kpax SCMS in the store, 8 to be exact. No I did not buy that particular Festool, but did buy a new...
16
16

RAS (Old DeWalt)
I needed to make up about 20 small boxes for the daughter of a friend... fortunately, another friend had just set up an old DeWalt RAS her father had left her. The table was a little out of kilter,...
3
3

1/4" cherry panels question
I need to make a couple of 1/4" solid cherry panels. I have never done this before because I usually buy plywood when I need 1/4" panels. My panels are 18.5" wide by 14.5" long. I was planning on...
15
15

Wanna move that table saw?
No problem: http://www.berkeleybionics.com/Unrestricted/HULC.html
9
9

Maple bats a hazard in baseball?
Seems there's concern being expressed in baseball over the choice of bat-making wood Blog post "When an ash (or the rare player who still used hickory) bat breaks, it loses a lot of the swing energy...
20
20

Bessey clamps at Woodcraft
Woodcraft is clearing out the 24" and 40" Bessey K-Body clamps for a decent price. My local store is giving an extra 5% off for purchases of five or more, worth asking for at other locations I...
19
19

F/A 1940's Delta Unisaw
I put my 1940's Delta Unisaw on eBay. Bidding starts at $100.00 with no reserve. $500 B.I.N. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190226306534Thanks...

OT: Here's The Deal. Ot and not OT
I was drawn into too many conversations about this and that and the other thing over the last couple of years. I take a genuine interest in politics, US and here in Canada. I have decided not to do...
11
11

After market or home-made jig for the Delta Mortising Attachment
Delta makes an inexpensive mortising attachment for a drill press. It is useful but hard to set up and adjust. I was wondering whether any woodworker has put together a home-made jig to replace the...
2
2

Adirondack ski chair plans
Does anyone know a place where to get free or low cost woodworking plans for one of those adirondack chairs that's made of skis? Or any other kind of ski furniture would be great too...ottoman, bench,...

Crown moulding again
I have never cut a coped joint that fit accurately up against a scrap piece . I can make an accurate cut to the line generated by the power miter saw, and I back cut the joint severly. I use a coping...
6
6