Subject Author Posted Replies

Cummins 3253 Faceplate
Does anyone know where I can find a faceplate for this lathe?
7
7

Face Frames, Euro Hinges & Overlay Doors
I've started building the base cabinet for SWMBO's kitchen bookcase project . The base cabinet will be 33" wide by 32" tall, with an ~50? book ca se on top. I'm using 3/4" (nominal) Poplar plywood for...
17
17

Pancake vs. Hot Dog?
For breakfast, I'd stick with pancakes, unless I'm in NYC. In that case, a dirty water hot dog works at any time of the day. But what about compressors? All else being equal - same PSI, tank size, oil...
41
41

Really slick tool.
I've been working on the power in my basement (adding a couple of circuits and lights for the shop) and have been using a new wire stripper. The thing is really slick for stripping NM cable and...
15
15

Ryobi ONE+ "for indoor use"
I'm very fond of the Ryobi ONE+ cordless power tool chain. Any thoughts on that product line from you professionals? Only problem is, they are all "for indoor use". Here in Sweden, and many other...
30
30

Tool Vest Instead of Belt?
I've had my leather tool belt for almost 3 decades. It was a gift from a friend/mentor when I helped him build an addition on his house. I've never thought about using anything else, probably because...
14
14

rail and stile question (dumb??)
After all my years of woodworking you'd think I'd know this but thought I'd ask. Do (horizontal) rails ever extend over the top/bottoms of the (vertical) stiles? I always thought rails stopped at the...
25
25

postcard
I have now reformed the bike business into a DIY workshop. Hopefully this won't mean all the gear disappear or get abused first thing... Here is a postcard from the hight of its glory. Note the...

New Bandsaw
Sold my 15 year old Grizzly (made in Taiwan) 14 incher with a riser block. Got a Laguna 14-12 (also made in Taiwan). It is a heavy sucker. I like the dust collection. None on the floor after playing...
4
4

spirit levels
What is the theory behind levels? I've heard that carpenter's are more precise than those used by bricklayers. I have examined the ones we have here and there is no indication as to precision on...
56
56

Blade for Compound, sliding miter saw
About 30 years ago I purchased a Hitachi compound sliding miter saw. The blade that came with the saw would not cut a 22.5 degree perfectly and I when I talked to the company about it they suggested I...
7
7

Need a mortiser
Well maybe not this one, though if you collect old tools. https://carbondale.craigslist.org/tls/d/1850-mortising-machine/6440207505.html

what is the common name
in some hotels apartments etc there are openings above the entry door that are sometimes glass but also just solid wood they open out into the shared hallway to improve cross ventilation maybe there...
2
2

What is it? (Amateur version Post #19)
Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L....
9
9

notation for plank
Well, I'm in Sweden but here I ask for the notation/convention used in the Anglo-American world, e.g. in the UK and North America. But if anyone comes from yet another country feel unrestricted to...
24
24