Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Softening old wood putty/filler
When working on a "woodie", a 1,500 Watt heat gun and a lot of patience are your friends. If you estimate the job will take 1 month, it will take 6. Trust me, been there, done that, but what the heck,...
2
2

Softening old wood putty/filler
I am working on a 1965 boat and need to remove screws that are covered with a wood filler from that period. I have tried my usual method of a razor tool to pick at the putty and then try my best to...
10
10

Jointing needed in Indianapolis
Anybody in the Indy area have an 8" or wider jointer that I could use for about an hour some time in the next week or two? I have a few really spectacularly figured boards that are about 7" wide. And...
6
6

Birthday Party Craft
Does anyone have an excellent craft project for a party of eight year olds? I don't want them cutting anything. I'd like to do the cutting myself and let them assemble, paint, &c. Thanks, S.
3
3

OT - Bostitch Flooring Stapler for sale
I have finished doing the hardwood floors in my new home and wish to sell the stapler. I thought somebody on the rec group might like a shot at it before I put it on Ebay. It is a Bostitch MIIIFS...
2
2

Timber panels
Hi. Nearing the finish of the external door frame with sidelights and toplight. Lower half of sidelights will be solid panels so what should I use here? Is one piece of 18mm ply or two x 12mm with...
2
2

Garage door plans
Does anyone have a source for garage door plans? I searched the net went to sites that sell the hardware and emailed them asking if they had plans etc. and I can't find anything. I would love to build...

Dovetail Jig Usage Questions (Porter Cable Model 4212)
I've had my dovetail jig for several months now. I feel comfortable with through dovetails. Half blinds are more of an issue for me. Other than trial and erro, how can the half-blind router bit be...
5
5

Re: What is it? Set 243
hi all this time only one silly guess from germany 1373 for moving hay ? greetings from germany chris
3
3

O/T "The Government"
Enjoy Lew Whether Democrat or Republican, I think you'll get a kick out of this!?? A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is Politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way." I...
1
1

FS Cherry and Walnut. Roswell, GA
Kiln dried cherry for sale. Professionally cut and dried around 2001. Stored in my dehumidified basement ever since. From Iowa. all cherry is 8-9' long 8/4 (measures 2 1/4" thick) 8-12" wide. FAS...

Re: LCD stand
I posted that link. I have it on my office Mac. I'll resend it in the morning. r
6
6

LCD stand
Hi, I'd like to show a picture of the LCD stand to a friend that someone posted a few months ago. It had a distinctive Japanese look to it. Anyone or the builder have a link to it? Thanks
2
2

Refinishing bay window floor
About a year ago, a puddle of Windex spilled into one of the corners of my bay window. Before I noticed it, the polyurethane finish was damaged. Now that I'm getting around to restaining and finishing...
12
12

Re: OT: Help tracing source of e-mail
It sounds like you've done the right thing. SOME systems will include a header with the IP assigned to the computer that ran the email client that connected to the server. If you have that, you can...