Subject Author Posted Replies

Cut window in garage door
A real garage door dealer, one that handles commercial doors, will have purpose-built bubble windows and vent ports designed for a door like that. The ones I have seen were a 2-piece self-edging...
11
11

Need design help with built in bookcases.
Hi, my wife has asked me to justify my purchase of woodworking equipment by building some built in bookcases. I think I understand most of what I need to do I just need some design help. On one wall...
13
13

JET bandsaw motor
I've got a buddy with a JET JWBS-18X saw and the motor gets hotter than hell. Does anyone have any suggestions? He's thinking about replacing the 1 1/2 hp with a 3 hp but Jet wants from 475 for the 1...
6
6

great new resource for castle lovers
is a wonderful site to go and check out if your interested in building model castles or want to purchase a pre-built model castle. Also feel free at any time to call the owner and and pick his brain...

iron balusters and epoxy
After several tries I finally got a couple of pictures of the iron baluster stairway posted to abpw. Upscale re-sized them so if you want to look you might choose his post. We did learn a little about...

Meauring Stuff Is Impossible
Yes! It has to do with how steel measuring tapes are made and the marks printed on the steel. Plus the steel measuring tapes are affected by temperature. The error noted by Starrett of +/- 1/32 is the...
18
18

Window stools
at first glance, the title of this topic looked to be an OT comment on microsoft software...
5
5

Bracing a short wall
Bathroom remodel. I am installing a short (30 inches high) stud wall at the end of the new tub. Tub is the type ("Integral Apron") that requires a wall on three sides. I will build the short end-wall...
5
5

Picnic table plan advice
Actually the patio table software is more to the style I am looking at, but unfortunately doesn't have enough flexibility in the leg options to show me what I need. -Chef Juke "EVERYbody Eats when...
9
9

Shopsmith - antique or just old?
Hello, all you dust devils! My late father owned a 1950's-era Shopsmith and my mother is thinking of selling it. I have asked her if she can find the manual, but in the meantime I can give you the...
4
4

OT: Agent reader and abpw
Is anyone here using Agent 4.2 to post pictures to abpw. I was trying to post a couple of pics of the epoxy stair today and I can't for the life of me get my folder settings correct for that group and...
5
5

Table saw: What just happened?
This has me stumped. I was cutting a piece of half-inch plywood, about 15" wide, on a contractor-type table saw. With an inch or two to go, I heard a sound that seemed louder than normal. I completed...
6
6

Re: OT 7 things that separate lesser humans.
: What part of "FOUND THIS AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE" didn't you understand? Q: What part of a joke don't you understand? A: The joke part, apparently. : *I* am not saying anything, I just found it an...
29
29

Compact Flourescent Lamps
You mean like Pluto the dog, sniffing a trail? Who puts their face/nose on the floor when they're cleaning? I suspect in some cases, some spilt Peruvian Marching Powder might compel some to 'snort the...
56
56

Cabinetmakers tape measure review - Stanley 33-116
Figured I'd post this here seeing as how it's sort of on topic. Product can be seen here... going through several other different sizes, brands and styles of tape, I've pretty much settled on this one...
13
13