Subject Author Posted Replies

Ideas for bench design
I plan to build a 10 foot long bench and imbed a radial arm saw, miter saw and table top drill press into the top, thus, making them all flushed with the top for an even flow. I have a general idea...
7
7

Just got a Delta Rockwell 33-285 I need a part
I just received a nice Delta Rockwell 33-285, I can't find a parts list for it. The part under the table that cranks the arm up and down doesn't move. When I turn the handle, it rocks back and forth,...
3
3

disposing of dust
What do you generally do with your wood dust? For the most part I've been dumping it into the compost pile, figuring by spring next year it should be decomposed enough to spread out on top of the...
9
9

Curious about shop space
I am at best a wood working hobbyist, certainly not in the league of some of you guys posting here. I have a small shop 16x24 with an 8 foot square section closed off for storage, compressor and the...
31
31

OT: Billy Mays Here
We had a few chuckles at his expense a few threads ago. Now has gotten into the act... Theme: Future Billy Mays products
21
21

Filling/sealing very porous light wood
Is there a good process for treating very light, porous wood (like balsa, light driftwood, basswood) to harden the surface? I'm thinking that there must be something that would be absorbed, then...
13
13

Formica table top
A little gloat -- at an estate sale, I got a woodworker's stockpile of wood for 15 dollars (the whole lot) because the person in charge of the estate didn't want to haul it out -- lots of oak, some...
7
7

Cutting Aluminum with Miter Saw????
I've been installing a lot of shower enclosures lately and getting sick of using a Hack Saw to cut Aluminum. I'm wanting to use one of my many Miter Saws. What blade would be best for cutting extruded...
12
12

Counter space for Festool is increasing..
On my recent trip to Seattle I manage to stop by 3 Woodcraft stores and each one had considerably expanded shelf space for Festool over my last visit about a year ago. They sure make nice tools and no...
10
10

Fine adjustment control for Dewalt 616 router.
Hi, I'm thinking of using this router in a router table attached to one wing of my table saw. I'm not a fan of the way you adjust the cutting depth on this router. Unlike other routers there is no way...
1
1

Old Machines
I know this is a woodworking group, but some of you just love old tools. A friend of mine just got blessed with a deal from heaven. He picked up a Craftsman metal cutting bandsaw (model 1012290), in...
2
2

Rare Sighting (pic in abpw)
This was such a rare occurance that it warranted photo documentation to verify that it actually existed - if only briefly - the entire length of the miter saw table - 6' to the left of the blade and...
3
3

Adapter for Delta dust collector
I just bought a used Delta 1.5 hp dust collector. So, I go to Woodcraft to buy a cover for the y fittng and an adapter to put my 4" hose on it which I found, to my dismay, would not fit. They inform...
11
11

planer or jointer for thicknessing
In general which would you use to cut a piece down to proper thickness assuming the piece is already 1) planed and shaped properly 2) only a smidgen too large I have a table leg that is about 3/16th...
38
38

Table Saw motor upgrade
I have a 20 year old 10" Craftsman table saw with a 13A/1.5HP (3HP "Peak") motor. I am finding that the saw seems to bog down when ripping even 3/4" plywood (let alone hardwood) despite the fact that...
15
15