Subject Author Posted Replies

Working in Plastic and Small Holes...
Posting this here in case we have a plastic guru incognito... I have a customer who bought a machine back in '05. Since day #1, they have been trilling this material they call "Torlon PEI" with a....
12
12

Re: Run Your Car On Water
Gawd. Why didn't I think of that. All that water around and I've been wasting money on gasoline. The world would be a better place if more people understood the second law of thermodynamics. The short...
27
27

Governmentium (Gv) new element found, make you laugh. Ha ha ha
New Chemical Element Found! Study of recent hurricane and gasoline issues have proved the existence of a new chemical element. A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the...

OT: Need a check on my site
I've just started (and I mean "just") offering a short photo book on my site, If anyone has time, I'd appreciate a look at the "Products" page, and a check to see if the link works. Then post here to...
17
17

Baffle for dust collector?
Anyone know how to modify the Harbor Freight dust collector to add the baffle that prevents the filter from clogging so quickly? I have the Wynn filter with plastic catch bag. I thought there was a...
3
3

Finish question on pine
I made a coffee table from butcherboard knotty pine. For a finish, I like using the old forumla: 1/3 BLO, 1/3 polyurethane, 1/3 tung oil. My question: Will this mixture hold up on pine with spills and...
29
29

Woodworking In Action
this deal on the complete series... the company that produces them is selling them direct. John http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/800375473.htmlSaw

Credentials
I've been parsing a few threads related to this and thought that I would chime in. Home Inspectors are a joke. They have tried to credential themselves out of being a joke but they are still a joke....
4
4

Drawer slides for a medicine cabinet door?
Thinking out loud here: I've built an oak medicine cabinet to fit into a standard stud-cavity recess but have not attached the door yet. Rather than using Euro-style or other hinges, I'm wondering if...
3
3

Spray painting pine
I wonder if using some sort of sealer, like those thin pre-stain conditioners would help in painting yellow pine. I really want to spray these pieces I have and the pine really soaks up the paint. The...
11
11

drill press table from shopnotes
I was looking for ideas for a drill press table when I came across anyone built this? The plans or picture do not show the back of the fence. I'm looking for ideas of how to attach it so that both...
3
3

OT - BP Heads Up
It's about 3:30 am and just got back from the hospital. Neighbor, mother of three, will, five hours from now, be having surgery to hopefully seal a leaking anurism in the middle of her brain. Though...
4
4

carnivorous tree
While on a hike with my son's Cub Scout Pack we came across a carnivorous tree as shown in the photo posted to ABPW. John
2
2

Good source for overstock or lightly used cabinets in Boston area?
I want to add some storage cabinets in my basement both near the laundry sink to store various paints and cleaners and in my shop itself to store tools and parts. My thinking is that I would be better...
5
5

This is probably the ONLY time I wished I lived i or near California!
Check out the TOOLS: Old iron, low prices most 220 V some 3 ph. But the prices No connection to, etc. Tom http://www.interschola.com/auctions.php?store_categories_id=1
4
4