Subject Author Posted Replies

louvres
Does anyone have an easy way of making a panel with louvres ? My son just bought a new house and at each end of the house under the roof peak, There is a panel with louvres. But. . it's only for looks...
8
8

Bessey EKT55 One Handed Edge Clamp
I'm wondering if the Bessey edge clamps have the ability to "step over" wider edging. What I'd like to do is apply 1.5" hardwood trim to 3/4" plywood such that one edge of wood is flush to top of ply...
1
1

Looking for cheap(er) heavy duty draw slides
I have to build 32 drawers 3 feet wide by 3 feet deep by 13 inch tall draws. I started looking for heavy duty (250 lb+) full extension under mount slides and was shocked to find the cheapest I could...
5
5

(semi OT?) Ikea
My wife and I went to Ikea today. I agreed to let her buy a few things off of my to do list; a dresser, shelving, curtains, etc. Things that have been on my list for years, and are no closer to being...
10
10

O/T: Gustav
Looks like this puppy is going to be a big one. Looks like any body from New Orleans to Houston is a possible candidate for a front row seat at the upcoming event. You people take care of you and...
13
13

c n c r o u t e r
I m looking for a multi purpose CNC Router for my workshop in INDIA. I m looking for a router which could work for SS 1 mm sheet along with wood so that i dont have to purchase two seperate routers....
2
2

O/T: The South
Enjoy Lew THE SOUTH --- YOU GOTTA LOVE IT Alabama: A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the...

Who makes custom router bits?
I have a profile of a piece that I picked up at the local BORG...it was jammed in a close out bin last piece, no labels, just $X per foot. Nothing with regards to its source. I scanned a profile, and...
4
4

Feedback Please - Rail & Stile Raised Panel Door - How To
Have put together some stuff on Rail & Stile Raised Panel Doors and would appreciate some feedback on the info and illustrations - from both first time users as well as experienced users. What I'm...
6
6

Source of Leather for Mission Sofa Cushions
I am planning to build a mission sofa this winter. I would like to use leather for the cushions. I would appreciate any comments about working with leather, but particularly any recommendations for...
6
6

Edge sanders and google groups search weirdness
I am either going crazy or Google Groups has decided that it doesn't like the word "sand" or "sander" in the wreck. I get about 15 results for either term. Trying to research edge sanders, and...
7
7

What Is Shaker Furniture?
The Northeastern Woodworker's Association's September Meeting may be of interest to folks here... Thursday, September 11, 2008, 7:00 pm Shaker Heritage Society Meetinghouse Albany-Shaker Road, Albany,...
27
27

Building my own garden Benches
Hi all I am new to this site, but after looking around it seems to be just what I was looking for. Short introduction: I am actually a computer guy with a carpentry hobby, just finished building a...
6
6

Is anyone else getting fed up with Norm?
Haven't watched the NYWS in a while and had some free time and tuned in - now I'm irritated again. :) I just get fed up when he starts a project and then " now I'll just take this to my dedicated...
90
90

Diy bandsaw mill.
Hi all, some of you may remember the band sawmill I posted here before, well I redid it as an electric powered version took off the 10 horse brigs and put on a 2 horse craftsman heavy duty. I thought...
2
2