Subject Author Posted Replies

O/T: It's no longer a mystery
A few of you may be too young to remember Woodstock. It is no longer a mystery. in Houston
15
15

WANTED: Trim Carpenter (DC Area)
I am looking for a trim/finish carpenter to install some cherry stained crown molding in my new kitchen. I'll admit its probably a small job...about 20' of molding and about 5-7 cuts (inside and...

Circular Saws
The circular saw that I have had for years has the blade on the right side. Tom Silva uses one with the blade on the left. Is there a difference between the saws other than left blade/right blade? The...
5
5

Dust Collector Location question / advice
A 30-foot run and a 5 foot lift says you will need at least a 2 HP DC. Venting to the outside during the cold winter months will make your shop cold and/or put a strain on the furnace. A central...
14
14

Question about Teaching children WW
BECAUSE, the instructor is also teaching basic drafting. There is lots of lettering practice for the beginner learning drafting. Good for him.
11
11

link belts for Grizzly 1023S
I have worked on or near a few table saws that have 3 belt setups. I never saw or heard any issues related to three belts. The only time I had a had time with 3 belt setups was on 25 year old cooling...
12
12

Accurate 45% cuts:
One last thing to consider. If you are trying to come up with a particular angle and the boards do not intersect at the correct angle the cuts will never fit. Often a novice when trying to make a...
26
26

Help with a simple box
I need to make a very simple box with inside dimensions of 12 inches by 18 inches by 3 inches high. The problem is that this will contain a granite surface plate that weighs eighty-five pounds. Box...
7
7

Plan and measurments
Elrond Hubbard wrote in news:Xns9B134F0C62EAFscram1adelphianet@216.151.153.45: Why don't metric rules emphasize every 5th mark? That way, you could at least work to 1/2 cm, if you so choose. Anybody...
36
36

Tools - Which to buy First?
You?re outfitting a shop. Which tool do you buy first? That question?s been asked in the Wreck so many times, and answered, that I don?t even want to think about the frequency. Each time it gets...
15
15

Tablesaw HP
The majority of power distribution, other than to farms and such, in the UK is by underground cable and I don't have any idea what size that is either but the first thing it is connected to in the...
30
30

OT- Moms
I've been away. When I got back, Thunderbird told me that there were over 2100 messages in the Wreck. So I took the easy way out and clicked on "Mark All as Read". I'll likely pick up threads as they...
7
7

New Yankee Workshop Location
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop...
38
38

Poplar strength in bending
Yes I know I've posted this treadmill question to death, but I'm all about ressurection. I never did get a chance to go and get some oak to replace that treadmill deck, but I got all this poplar...
6
6

Thank you Lee Valley for cool clamp!
might be a good choice. If there isn't an air passage all the way through when the ball is depressed, the clamp can't work...
27
27